Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Absolute dire, going be a long season 

Absolutely not taking anything away from our performance today, but I agree, they are awful. 

It’s funny because I said to the guy next to me today ‘how disheartening much it be for Newcastle fans watching this’ 

Its like I’d actually mentally blocked out the fact that I/we went had to endure it. 

You can see why they're all so desperate with this takeover 

Absolute nothing club at the moment, staring in to the abyss 

Must come across a geordie fans mind that if they were to get relegated Bruce would go and Ashley might reduce his price, 2 games in and the mentality of "i want us to win obviously but if we're going to lose I hope we lose by 8 and sack the word removed" must be kicking in already 

18 minutes ago, Nigel said:

They look in a bad position. 

Its made worse by the fact this is their 1st choice team and they aren't bedding in any new players.

They look a good bet for relegation 

They won’t drop if they keep Wilson, ASM and Willock fit.  Those players alone will keep them out of the bottom 3 by the end.

Although an off day today, Wilson is always good for 10+ goals a season. 

• Like 2

It seems it's suggested that they will go down or come close to it every season, but since Bruce has been there they finished ten points clear of the bottom three in his first season and seventeen points clear last season. Maybe they won't do as well this time around but wouldn't be surprised if they're reasonably comfortable again.

• Like 1

I thought to start with they actually looked like they had had some coaching, then they just reverted to nothingness and had to bring on Joelinton.  Depends on what they can get out of Wilson but he was an absolute clearing in the woods today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought to start with they actually looked like they had had some coaching, then they just reverted to nothingness and had to bring on Joelinton.  Depends on what they can get out of Wilson but he was an absolute clearing in the woods today.

They definitely look a lot better coached this season. As Wilson alluded to, it's probably the Graeme Jones effect. I think they'll finish around 14th again. 

I have no sympathy for them at all...

Still remember their arrogance a while ago when they had a purple patch flirting with the CL.

Villa's record against them in the PL is shocking too, we are slowly addressing that over the last couple of seasons and long may it continue.

Probably too good to be relegated, just.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I have no sympathy for them at all...

Still remember their arrogance a while ago when they had a purple patch flirting with the CL.

Villa's record against them in the PL is shocking too, we are slowly addressing that over the last couple of seasons and long may it continue.

Probably too good to be relegated, just.

Our St James record is one of the worst, think we probably do better at Old Trafford

On 21/08/2021 at 18:21, villa89 said:

New 3 year deal 🤣

Perfect for them. 

He won't relegate them. Newcastle will will sit in a state or 12-16th until Mike Ashley gets his sale for an extortionate price. 

Â