Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Right, well that’s net spend and not the same thing, we’d already spent on Buendia, Bailey and perhaps Ings whilst hoping Jack would stay so it’s irrelevant. 

Sorry, yes net spend.

Try not to take it let my comment get under your skin too much, it was just a throwaway remark more about Bruce’s commentary on our transfers.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Sorry, yes net spend.

Try not to take it let my comment get under your skin too much, it was just a throwaway remark more about Bruce’s commentary on our transfers.

I get that you were joking, but those really are really different. It would probably be fairer to say that we've bought at least 3 starters while they have bought 1.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

That's some good business dealings

They let Ivan Toney go a couple of years ago too for something like 500k. I've been noticing a lot of very good Championship players turning out to be Newcastle academy rejects. Maybe Shearer was wrong and they do have good Jawdies coming through, but nobody is willing to give them a chance lest they threaten that sweet sweet PL survival.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Annoyman said:

Remember "if Ashley Young is worth £9 million, no disrespect, what must Gary McSheffrey be worth?"

As if the answer wasn't just straightforwardly "about 3.5 you daft ****"

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They let Ivan Toney go a couple of years ago too for something like 500k. I've been noticing a lot of very good Championship players turning out to be Newcastle academy rejects. Maybe Shearer was wrong and they do have good Jawdies coming through, but nobody is willing to give them a chance lest they threaten that sweet sweet PL survival.

Sounds like this thing about them loving a number 9 might just be media bullshit... 

Who would have guessed it 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was kind of hoping they won, so there would be no pressure on them next week. They only ever seem to turn up when the pressure is on.

We have a really good record on them at VP in recent years

Just now, villalad21 said:

We have a really good record on them at VP in recent years

That's true, and Bruce usually struggles against Smith sides as we know. That being said, we were so shite yesterday that feeling optimistic feels like self-abuse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's true, and Bruce usually struggles against Smith sides as we know. That being said, we were so shite yesterday that feeling optimistic feels like self-abuse.

I'm having nightmares of Saint-maxim running at Matt Targett. 

As poor as Newcastle are, he's a right good player. 

A bit like Watford and Sarr. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

On 09/08/2021 at 16:31, villa4europe said:

Sounds like this thing about them loving a number 9 might just be media bullshit... 

Who would have guessed it 

Maybe they are just fans of The Numberjacks? 

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Good thing he plays on the left them :P

He doesn’t really - seemed to almost play up top for Newcastle yesterday and a lot of his good work came down their right (including the cross for Wilson). Was almost operating as a “free role forward”. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No doubt they'll be in a relegation battle this season.

As I see it Norwich is the only pushover this season.

Burnley, brighton, norwich, brentford, watford, palace and Southampton will all be down there fighting with Newcastle to avoid relegation. There wont be much between any of those teams. 

Just now, It's Your Round said:

It’s going to be a long old season for Bruce. I wonder if he’ll make it to the end?

D2B5D5AD-7977-42A4-AFE3-1AEB78636391.jpeg

It’s all about survival, Ashley will keep him as long as he’s keeping Newcastle in the top flight.

Â