Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

if anyone needs some cheering up, they've given bruce a new 3 year deal

happy friday!

Yep, as bad as we all feel today, just remember it could be much, much worse.

• Like 1

It is something I don't understand - why give him a new contract? Similar to when Lerner gave Lambert a new contract after we won a few games at the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

It is something I don't understand - why give him a new contract? Similar to when Lerner gave Lambert a new contract after we won a few games at the start of the season. 

Same reason he gave Pardew and his entire coaching staff 8 year contracts with full pay ups.

He doesn't understand football.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Bruce may be the most boring, awful, coma inducing manager. But he will keep them in the Premier league, on a fairly modest budget. They'll finish 12-16th every season. 

Thats all Ashley needs to promote his businesses until eventually a ludicrous offer to sell the club comes in. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/callum-wilson-makes-graeme-jones-21201344.amp

Callum Wilson has revealed Newcastle United assistant manager is a 'little bit more tactically aware and up to date' than head coach Steve Bruce.Jones joined Bruce's coaching staff in January this year and while Newcastle initially continued on their dire run of two wins in 21 matches, they ended the season winning five of their last nine matches to pull clear of relegation trouble.

The arrival of the former Belgium, Everton and Wigan assistant manager coincided with a change in formation and there were a number of conspiracy theories that emerged as a result.

Many suggested it was Jones' system that provided the improvement, while there was talk that Jones wasn't Bruce's appointment.

That has been flatly denied by Bruce on a number of occasions but now Wilson, while speaking to Newcastle legend Alan Shearer in an interview with The Athletic, has offered an insight into how Bruce, Jones, Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence operate as a coaching staff.

“I think Graeme Jones coming in as a coach (in January), definitely complemented the manager because he’s a little bit more tactically aware and up to date, whereas the manager has his different strengths and attributes," Wilson revealed.

"When you see the results towards the back end of the season and the way we were in games, we had more of a style and philosophy. That will happen from the start of the season with a good coach around to help out the previous coaches.

“We’ll have a good season this year, definitely. I’m going to be on it, Allan is going to be on it — and I’ll be kicking him up the a*** to make sure he is! Jonjo (Shelvey), is almost fit now, Ryan Fraser is fit and getting games in, we’ve got Fabby (Fabian Schar), who is great on the ball and who just needs some more game time.

“You hear the outside stuff and people calling for the manager’s head, but sometimes change isn’t always a good thing. We just need to make sure we’re doing everything we can to start the season right.

I'd love to hear a little more about what those strengths and attributes are, Callum. :D 

• Haha 1

On 01/08/2021 at 08:16, villalad21 said:

Steve Bruce desperate for Joe Willock meanwhile we have signed Buendia and Bailey

Fully expecting us to be at least 10 points clear of them this season

We were 10 points clear last season.

Steve “we’ve got no money” Bruce is about to sign Willock for £25m.

They will have spent something like £30m more than us during this window to this point. Will be interesting to hear Bruce’s annual update on our spending when the time comes.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Good business.

Not the finished article by any means but is only going to improve and increase in value.

Until Bruce knocks any creativity out of him 

12 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

They will have spent something like £30m more than us during this window to this point. Will be interesting to hear Bruce’s annual update on our spending when the time comes.

Eh?

Maybe I’m missing something but this is Newcastle’s first signing of the summer, so how you arrive at that I don’t know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Eh?

Maybe I’m missing something but this is Newcastle’s first signing of the summer, so how you arrive at that I don’t know.

I’m guessing he is taking into account the Jack money meaning we are breaking even atm in terms of transfer fees.

12 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

He's the poundland Pep.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’m guessing he is taking into account the Jack money meaning we are breaking even atm in terms of transfer fees.

Right, well that’s net spend and not the same thing, we’d already spent on Buendia, Bailey and perhaps Ings whilst hoping Jack would stay so it’s irrelevant. 

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

Â