Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Thought they were dead and buried after losing 3-0 to Brighton. Fulham losing 3 winnable games has massively helped them out and they're now 12 points ahead of West Brom despite their late rally.

They have the air of us around 13/14 anyway so will go in next two seasons if nothing much changes at the top.

Unpopular opinion.

I'd always prefer Newcastle to stay up.

I'd always have the bigger clubs with the biggest crowds, biggest grounds over the smaller clubs. I think it enriches the league.

Yeah, elitist mentality i know. But just one man's opinion.

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Unpopular opinion.

I'd always prefer Newcastle to stay up.

I'd always have the bigger clubs with the biggest crowds, biggest grounds over the smaller clubs. I think it enriches the league.

Yeah, elitist mentality i know. But just one man's opinion.

I wanted them to stay up because if they stay up they'll stick, if they go down they'll twist and long term will end up better for itย 

Another year of Bruce ๐Ÿพ

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

They need a lot of players in and out.
ย 

St Max, wilson, Longstaff 1 & 2, goalkeepers are alright, schar is good.

The rest of them are pure bottom 5 or championship players.ย 

Wouldnt suprise me if spurs or arsenal sidnt come in for st max.

If we somehow got europe i would definitely go for him in the summer. Brilliant and exciting player. Was hoping traore would be like him..

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wouldnt suprise me if spurs or arsenal sidnt come in for st max.

If we somehow got europe i would definitely go for him in the summer. Brilliant and exciting player. Was hoping traore would be like him..

Contracted till 2026, have to hope theres a release clause. Even then he seems v happy with Bruce.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, useless said:

Fulham's next two are Burnley and Southampton, whilst Newcastle play Leicester and Man City.

Fulham have won 5 games all season, they need to win 4 from 4 to survive

• Like 1

Almost every season, there's a team that needs to win x amount of games, and people say they can't do it because if they couldn't do it in the previous thirty odd games how are they going to acheive it in the few remaining, but they somehow do manage it, last season that team was us. It won't be easy, if it was there wouldn't be anything amazing about what I'm saying, but if they win their next two there's suddenly going to be a lot of pressure on Newcastle, and Newcastle's last game is against Fulham.

Yeah Newcastle could easily lose their next two. Problem for Fulham is even winning their two games means it goes down to 3 points so Fulham then have to match Newcastle's result in week 37 to take it to final day.

Newcastle at home to Sheffield United. Fulham away to Man. United.

Newcastle stayed up by beating West Ham really.

Fulham probably got more chance of catching Burnley but they also have Sheffield United still to play aswell.

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah Newcastle could easily lose their next two. Problem for Fulham is even winning their two games means it goes down to 3 points so Fulham then have to match Newcastle's result in week 37 to take it to final day.

Newcastle at home to Sheffield United. Fulham away to Man. United.

Newcastle stayed up by beating West Ham really.

Fulham probably got more chance of catching Burnley but they also have Sheffield United still to play aswell.

Their goal difference isย the same though so if Fulham won their next 2 and then lost against Utd, with Newcastle losing their next 3, it would likely be in Fulham's hand and a win on the last game of the season would save them.

I don't think it will happen though. Knowing what this Newcastle team are like I can see them beating Man City andย Sheff Utd winning to do the double.

22 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Their goal difference isย the same though so if Fulham won their next 2 and then lost against Utd, with Newcastle losing their next 3, it would likely be in Fulham's hand and a win on the last game of the season would save them.

I don't think it will happen though. Knowing what this Newcastle team are like I can see them beating Man City andย Sheff Utd winning to do the double.

City will batter them and have 94% possession and 64 shots on goal and Newcastle will score from the only corner they get. Then Bruce can claim he is better than Bielsa and Pochettino

• Like 1

They won't lose to Sheffield United. Perhaps Fulham could get a draw off Man. United if they've wrapped up 2nd as by then they'll be resting players for probable europa league final.

Interesting to see what the atmosphere is like with 10k back, I imagine they'll give Bruce a bit of grief.

46 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Suing the PL for blocking their takeover according to Twitter ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

But the Saudis arent

I know Ashley is a motivated seller but I still think its strange that all of this comes from his side whilst the PIF with their billions sit on their hands and waitย 

ย 

ร—
ร—
ร‚