Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I feel for Bruce, actually. He's a good guy but he's not a Premier League quality manager and his hometown club's supporters despise him. It's a dead end situation, but he'll keep collecting his wages if given the chance. Just like Allardyce, who probably couldn't believe his luck when Baggies rang.

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

I feel for Bruce, actually. He's a good guy but he's not a Premier League quality manager and his hometown club's supporters despise him. It's a dead end situation, but he'll keep collecting his wages if given the chance. Just like Allardyce, who probably couldn't believe his luck when Baggies rang.

I disagree, he may not be the elite level manager, but he kept his team in the premier league. Last season in here many people had Newcastle as favourites to go down, he got them to safety relatively comfortably.  I think there are worse managers out there. The problem for bruce is that his style of football is so turgid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I disagree, he may not be the elite level manager, but he kept his team in the premier league. Last season in here many people had Newcastle as favourites to go down, he got them to safety relatively comfortably.  I think there are worse managers out there. The problem for bruce is that his style of football is so turgid

Favourites to go down because he was the manager. Their squad is not bad. At all.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Definitely not a good guy 

On 06/03/2021 at 03:09, maqroll said:

Though Steve Bruce is from the north-east, I don't think Newcastle is his hometown, I think he's from a town in a different county, in Northumberland. So they're his home region team.

About today's game, interesting to see Andy Carrol didn't even get put on as a sub and that Gayle didn't make the starting lineup either. Hayden and Fraser started, their names ring a bell but I don't know anything about them.

Fairplay a point away at a relegation rival that should see them finish above the Baggies and Blades just a question of Fulham now. 

Ashley will be pleased the fans will be sticking pins on their eyes.

On 06/03/2021 at 07:28, mikeyp102 said:

Paul Lambert kept us in the PL for a few years in a row, do you consider him a top flight manager?!

8 hours ago, robby b said:

Though Steve Bruce is from the north-east, I don't think Newcastle is his hometown, I think he's from a town in a different county, in Northumberland. So they're his home region team.

About today's game, interesting to see Andy Carrol didn't even get put on as a sub and that Gayle didn't make the starting lineup either. Hayden and Fraser started, their names ring a bell but I don't know anything about them.

It's the north-east, if you're from west or north of Newcastle then Newcastle are your local team. Corbridge is only about 15 miles away from Newcastle, and he's clearly a Geordie in how he speaks etc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's the north-east, if you're from west or north of Newcastle then Newcastle are your local team. Corbridge is only about 15 miles away from Newcastle, and he's clearly a Geordie in how he speaks etc.

strangely I think he has changed his accent since going there, not saying one is real or one is fake but I have seen Newcastle fans say he is trying to put more on the Newcastle accent to fit right in

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

strangely I think he has changed his accent since going there, not saying one is real or one is fake but I have seen Newcastle fans say he is trying to put more on the Newcastle accent to fit right in

The thought had occurred to me that it seems a touch more pronounced as well to be honest.

That being said, even if it is more pronounced, it might not be a conscious thing - I definitely strengthen my accent when I'm around other people with strong local accents, but I usually don't realise I'm doing it for a while.

8 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Paul Lambert kept us in the PL for a few years in a row, do you consider him a top flight manager?!

Lambert was a word removed and has proven since not to be up at that level. Bruce has stayed up with numerous clubs. He’s twice the manager lambert is (not hard admittedly)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I would love to say they are gone but they have pulled so many flukey results out the bag the past 18 months.

If we beat them I think they’ll drop. Brighton will score a few past them I imagine and then they have 5 very tough fixtures. They really need 4 points from the two games. Fulham won’t go down. 

Â