Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

It’s win-win for me.

Newcastle stay up, Bruce can do his “I told you all” boast, infuriating the supporters and pretty much guarantees that they’ll be serving up the same humorous side show entertainment for next season.

Newcastle go down, aside from that being amusing in itself, the pundits who have had Bruce’s back all this time either back pedal significantly or perform the required mental gymnastics to make an allowance for relegation and why it’s no reflection on Bruce.

I doubt a takeover happens in either scenario, so whichever one it is is fine by me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s win-win for me.

Newcastle stay up, Bruce can do his “I told you all” boast, infuriating the supporters and pretty much guarantees that they’ll be serving up the same humorous side show entertainment for next season.

Newcastle go down, aside from that being amusing in itself, the pundits who have had Bruce’s back all this time either back pedal significantly or perform the required mental gymnastics to make an allowance for relegation and why it’s no reflection on Bruce.

I doubt a takeover happens in either scenario, so whichever one it is is fine by me.

I would love to see how the pundits spin a Newcastle relegation. They've been brow-beating Newcastle fans with the "What do you want, Champions League? Bruce will keep you in the league which is all you can expect with this squad." line for a year now. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

Exclusive photo of the arrest-

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/25/article-2431694-184119F300000578-777_306x423.jpg

The barefaced cheek of those guys dressing up as builders pretending to be on official business whilst stealing a statue.  Smooth criminals I would say. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I would love to see how the pundits spin a Newcastle relegation. They've been brow-beating Newcastle fans with the "What do you want, Champions League? Bruce will keep you in the league which is all you can expect with this squad." line for a year now. 

Not enough young talent in the area. Bruce can't be blamed for Geordie kids being crap at football.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Toxic atmosphere inside the ground. Fans fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Toxic atmosphere inside the ground. Fans fault.

"They are used to a full stadium of utter words removed,  the sheer shock of it not being full of words removed took away the teams mojo,  not Steve's fault at all.  If he had had a full stadium,  top 6 easy."

"Next on MOTD,  are Villa lucky or just playing shit teams?"

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

"Yes Gary, they might have beat Liverpool 7-2 but this was not the same Liverpool, even though Van Dijk played he reads the game so well that he knew he would get injured 2 weeks later so he played as if he was injured" 

"Thank God Bielsa got Leeds promoted and showed teams how to play otherwise Villa would never have beaten teams like Liverpool and Arsenal"

"Coming up next on Monday night football - why has it gone so wrong for |insert foreign coach/manager without top flight connections here trying to make his way| "

"Tactics, no discernible style of play, the signings haven't been good enough, I don't know how they play, I don't know how they intend on winning games. I just don't see a plan here, if you think you are going to win games in the PL at this level playing like that you will be found out. It's naive at best"

"Coming up next on Monday night football - why has it gone so wrong for Newcastle and Steve Bruce"

"GAZZA. Beardsley. Keegan ,90s powerhouse team, attacking play, No.9 "

"That's all for MNF tonight."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

"Coming up next on Monday night football - why has it gone so wrong for |insert foreign coach/manager without top flight connections here trying to make his way| "

"Tactics, no discernible style of play, the signings haven't been good enough, I don't know how they play, I don't know how they intend on winning games. I just don't see a plan here, if you think you are going to win games in the PL at this level playing like that you will be found out. It's naive at best"

"Coming up next on Monday night football - why has it gone so wrong for Newcastle and Steve Bruce"

"GAZZA. Beardsley. Keegan ,90s powerhouse team, attacking play, No.9 "

"That's all for MNF tonight."

This sounds outlandish but I'd put money on this happening in the same segment with Arteta or Ole or someone.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Only 6 points clear of Fulham now, with Wilson out they could be in massive trouble.

Fulham play Sheff United on Saturday so could be down to 3 points by the time Newcastle go to Old Trafford on Sunday.

Feels like a must win for Fulham if they are to catch them.

• Like 1

Â