Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Burnley, Newcastle and to a lesser extent Palace have been stinking up the Premier League for years. It would make a change to see one of these going down but sadly I think they will all just get enough points to pick up their £100 million plus paycheck.

I can see Brucey and Uncle Woy going in the summer. Eddie Howe surely in the line for one of these posts.

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Get to 35 points and Fulham will stay up I reckon. Newcastle had a couple of decent wins lately but think the Wilson injury has levelled that out. Newcastle play West Ham, Liverpool, Man. City, Arsenal, Spurs in their last 7 games btw.

It could yet get interesting, but they'll almost inevitably shithouse some unexpected results. If they happen to be against any of the above teams bar City and helps us to stay or move above the sides in question then I'll take it, especially draws.

Edited by fightoffyour

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd sooner have Newcastle stay in the league than Fulham. 

There's something about Fulham I don't like, not sure what it is, I just don't think they belong in the top tier.

From the perspective of having an evenly balanced league demographically I would. 

• London  6 clubs
  • South 2
  • Midlands 4
  • North west 5
  • Yorkshire and NE 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's something about Fulham I don't like, not sure what it is, I just don't think they belong in the top tier.

Whilst i agree with your comments, The Cottage is a great away day. I’d rather they stayed up than the likes of Newcastle and Palace.

• Like 1

Why do you want Newcastle to go down?

If they were in the Championship the take over would have a much higher chance of going through which would be real bad for us.

Just another top 8 challenger we'd have to deal with.

I hope they stay exactly where they are and keep Bruce.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

From the perspective of having an evenly balanced league demographically I would. 

• London  6 clubs
  • South 2
  • Midlands 4
  • North west 5
  • Yorkshire and NE 3

Why is the North getting 8 clubs, the South getting 8 clubs and the Midlands only getting 4 clubs??

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

They had a Statue of a peado outside.

That's enough.

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Why is the North getting 8 clubs, the South getting 8 clubs and the Midlands only getting 4 clubs??

I dunno but I don't really want to see Coventry and Small Heath back in the prem.

Back to Newcastle they really do look like a tired stale club.  I never really understand what Ashley's motive is. They hate him, and is apparently wants to sell the club for about the last 10 years. It must suck the fun out of supporting them with someone like that as your owner who has such a obvious contempt of the club. 

I know we all like to poke fun at them but between Keegan and Robson they were actually a big club and often played some good stuff.

All of the North East clubs are underachieving. I mean even Hartlepools are out of the league and Darlington Save Cracker FC went bust. Sunderland are  a joke and Boro are managed by Colin. For such a hotbed of football it is pretty bad.

From the perspective of the average fan, I think you'd want Fulham to stay up because they play some decent stuff at times, and Newcastle are horrific to watch. From the perspective of a Villa fan, I want a team managed by Steve Bruce in the same league as us for as long as Dean Smith is our manager.

• Like 3

Â