Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

classic Brucey, doesnt start Gayle all season then randomly throws him in away at Chelsea from the start. My guess is the locals are saying Gayle should be in the team and Bruce starting him in the worst game possible to say I told you so

On 11/02/2021 at 22:30, Zatman said:

Just read my new favourite stat, Sergio Ramos has more career league goals than Andy Carroll :D 

I will never get over that deadline day.

Liverpool offer £30m for Andy Carroll 🤯 

Newcastle reject it 🤯 🤯 

Liverpool go back with £35m

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hope Fulham stay up and Toon go down

Same, but it's a tall order for Fulham. But with Wilson out for several weeks, Toon will struggle even more. One can wish!

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Same, but it's a tall order for Fulham. But with Wilson out for several weeks, Toon will struggle even more. One can wish!

But then when you look things as it stands, Fulham only have to win their game in hand and they are only 4pts behind Newcastle.

If that transpires then it will definately start getting interesting for the geordies.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Next three games are crucial for Fulham as they’ve tough games after that.

Fulham v Newcastle last day of the season....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Fulham next 3 - Burnley (A), Sheff Utd (H), Crystal Palace (A).

Newcastle next 3 - Man Utd (A), Wolves (H), West Brom (A)

I think if Fulham are to escape they need to capitalise in February.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

But then when you look things as it stands, Fulham only have to win their game in hand and they are only 4pts behind Newcastle.

If that transpires then it will definately start getting interesting for the geordies.

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Fulham v Newcastle last day of the season....

Putting these two together, Fulham win their game in hand, the difference is down to four points as stated. You would imagine that going into that final day Fulham would probably have to win that game in order to stay up (if they were to play each other currently you’d have to make Fulham favourites)..so suddenly that would be a one point difference IF those two results came in.

Of course it might not happen and Newcastle could fluke a win against Man Utd. But that seven points difference could quickly disappear.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Fulham next 3 - Burnley (A), Sheff Utd (H), Crystal Palace (A).

Newcastle next 3 - Man Utd (A), Wolves (H), West Brom (A)

I think if Fulham are to escape they need to capitalise in February.

Exactly, the next three decide it in my view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Fulham need to win 6 games to stay up, perhaps 5 and a few draws. Still 16 games left for them I think so it's very doable considering we won 2 in last 4 last season when we were all but relegated.

Get to 35 points and Fulham will stay up I reckon. Newcastle had a couple of decent wins lately but think the Wilson injury has levelled that out. Newcastle play West Ham, Liverpool, Man. City, Arsenal, Spurs in their last 7 games btw.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fulham need to win 6 games to stay up, perhaps 5 and a few draws. Still 16 games left for them I think so it's very doable considering we won 2 in last 4 last season when we were all but relegated.

Get to 35 points and Fulham will stay up I reckon. Newcastle had a couple of decent wins lately but think the Wilson injury has levelled that out. Newcastle play West Ham, Liverpool, Man. City, Arsenal, Spurs in their last 7 games btw.

And us, as Deano seems to have the measure of Brucie.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant see it

Would love it if Fulham managed it though 

I think Fulham can realistically achieve a minimum of 12pts from their remaining games.

I see Newcastle only getting 10 or so points from their remaining games.

As @Mark Albrighton mentioned in his last post, that final game of the season will be a huge game if either team has not secured their safety by that stage.

I think the only chance Newcastle may have of doing any better between now and then would be to replace Bruce. (Please don't).

If I was to have a punt on the either of these relegation outcomes as things stand, I would throw a few quid on the safety of Fulham. (Generally 6/4 to avoid the drop).

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

classic Brucey, doesnt start Gayle all season then randomly throws him in away at Chelsea from the start. My guess is the locals are saying Gayle should be in the team and Bruce starting him in the worst game possible to say I told you so

He didn’t randomly throw him in did he, it was because Wilson is out surely? 

Â