Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Had he made about 6 changes from the other night and another new system

Just the two changes it seems, but maybe (I didn’t watch it, but on paper it looks like) a slight formational change? Seems like Bruce is going through his umpteenth five-at-the-back epiphany, although I’m not sure excactly what he’s trying to achieve with it. He loves the 5-3-2, but never seems to actually trust it. Could it be because he doesn’t actually know how to play it and coach it properly? 

Just now, Michelsen said:

Just the two changes it seems, but maybe (I didn’t watch it, but on paper it looks like) a slight formational change? Seems like Bruce is going through his umpteenth five-at-the-back epiphany, although I’m not sure excactly what he’s trying to achieve with it. He loves the 5-3-2, but never seems to actually trust it. Could it be because he doesn’t actually know how to play it and coach it properly? 

No it can't be. It's the players. Yes, the players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

No it can't be. It's the players. Yes, the players.

It is amazing how this lie is repeated by the media to cover Bruce’s total lack of ability. After our game the other day Jamie Redknapp said that sacking Bruce and bringing in another manager would achieve nothing as the squad was so so poor that no one could possible achieve anything with these players. On BT tonight they confirmed that this no hoper squad has been assembled for the shoe string budget of...£200m!! I am guessing that there are quite a few managers who would hope to do better with a £200m squad Jamie.

This is very odd.

It can’t have escaped people’s notice that  about 90% of premier league footballers have been sporting freshly cut hairdos. Even Dean Smith had a fresh haircut. Do all the players live with hairdressers?

Newcastle have singled out Joelington because he posted it on social media. Have they not noticed every other players fresh trim?

Everybody has been busy turning a blind eye to the fact footballers have been taking the piss on this and this shines a big light on it. I’m sure he’s not the only player at the club with suspiciously short hair.

Newcastle say they will take "appropriate action" against forward Joelinton after he appeared to breach coronavirus rules by getting a haircut.

The Brazilian, 24, posted a photo on Instagram, which has now been deleted, of him having his hair cut by a barber.

All hair salons and barbers in England are currently closed under lockdown regulations.

"We are disappointed by the image shared by Joelinton," said a Newcastle United spokesperson. 

"There are clear Covid-19 protocols in place and the club continues to guide and educate its players on their responsibilities.

"The club will be taking appropriate action internally."

Joelinton joined Newcastle from Hoffenheim in 2019 for a club-record £40m fee.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55865560

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

This is very odd.

It can’t have escaped people’s notice that  about 90% of premier league footballers have been sporting freshly cut hairdos. Even Dean Smith had a fresh haircut. Do all the players live with hairdressers?

Newcastle have singled out Joelington because he posted it on social media. Have they not noticed every other players fresh trim?

Everybody has been busy turning a blind eye to the fact footballers have been taking the piss on this and this shines a big light on it. I’m sure he’s not the only player at the club with suspiciously short hair.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55865560

gonna guess they have someone come to the training grounds to sort it, who goes through testing etc

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

gonna guess they have someone come to the training grounds to sort it, who goes through testing etc

That's possibly the best case scenario butbfeels like kinda a waste of resources and a test if true. Can't imagine it would go down too well if any other types of firm did something like that. 

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

That’s what I said to the OH the other day. I was looking out for it last week and I’d say about 7 or 8 of every teams players had clearly had a hair cut within a week or so.

I wonder if Newcastle have blown the lid off this and FA or PL or Government might start asking questions where all the players are getting hair cuts.

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Maybe, but I doubt Manchester United will want to pay a hairdresser to sit and do little beads and patterns on Pogbas head in a time he could be training and when, effectively, he is in his office.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

That's possibly the best case scenario butbfeels like kinda a waste of resources and a test if true. Can't imagine it would go down too well if any other types of firm did something like that. 

well the testing infrastructure is in place anyway. and as far as i'm aware, it's not being done by the NHS but by some private company so it's not resources being taken away from the public.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

That’s what I said to the OH the other day. I was looking out for it last week and I’d say about 7 or 8 of every teams players had clearly had a hair cut within a week or so.

I wonder if Newcastle have blown the lid off this and FA or PL or Government might start asking questions where all the players are getting hair cuts.

joelinton is in the shit because his insta showed him in an actual barber shop, rather than some private barber coming to the training ground

It’s a moment of clever planning by the government to be fair to them.

UK Gov - ”Look at these footballers with their tidy haircuts.”

Footballers - “Oh yeah? Well look at the prime minister with his neat and tidy hai....oh.”

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

well the testing infrastructure is in place anyway. and as far as i'm aware, it's not being done by the NHS but by some private company so it's not resources being taken away from the public.

joelinton is in the shit because his insta showed him in an actual barber shop, rather than some private barber coming to the training ground

In that scenario I’d have thought the crime is by the barbers shop that should be closed more so than someone going in.

You could argue that because it was open you thought it was legal.

If a pub opens up and is full of punters I bet it’s the landlord who gets into trouble rather than the drinkers.

Whahaha these newcastle fans on reddit and twitter so exited and happy and shocked that their team looks pretty good.

They dont know that next game their team will look absolutely incompetent and unprepared for a match thats what hapened when bruce was at villa over and over and over. 

Newcastle were always going to turn up after I put DLC in my dream team. 

Alex, if you're reading this tell your dad he owes me a kebab. 

Â