Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What was Glenn Whelan even doing taking a penalty?  :crylaugh: 

That had to be divine intervention.

I reckon we must've been cursed by Whelan. He scored the equalising goal in that 2-2 draw v Stoke whilst we were at our highest point this century, which triggered our 10-12 game winless streak to miss out on the CL that year, and ultimately sent us spiralling for years to come, only to miss a penalty for us years later at what may have been one of our lowest moments since, which got Bruce sacked and triggered our revival.

I think Glenn Whelan may be an ancient deity that we should worship...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Newcastle are a joke. 

No courage in their play whatsoever, set-up against us and Leeds today as if they are couple of divisions below.

Yes but "what can Steve Bruce do when Almiron doesnt track his runner" words of Danny Mills.

Christ I am actually getting annoyed 

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

Newcastle are a joke. 

No courage in their play whatsoever, set-up against us and Leeds today as if they are couple of divisions below.

It's what he always does. In his mind, if they're above you in the table, they're basically prime Barcelona and we need to play accordingly. Was always baffling seeing Villa go into games against the top 6 in the Championship like we were the underdogs. 

Bruce is a coward of a manager. Terrified of losing, sets his team(s) up accordingly and that transmits to his players.

That system when you're an established PL side at home to a newly promoted team is disgraceful, yet there are still holes everywhere when Leeds turn the ball over.

Fraud of a manager with no idea of the modern game, modern player, modern media or modern fan.

I feel a bit sorry for their fans, but then I sort of absolutely **** love every moment of this 

• Like 1

The mental gymnastics are real by Danny Mills.

Newcastle are awful, their players attitude is awful, they don't press, they don't tackle, they don't engage the ball from the back, they don't get out to challenge for headers and they don't commit men forward.

None of this though is the MANAGERS fault though.

They'll be just four points above the relegation zone if Fulham beat Brighton tomorrow, which isn't the most unlikely of outcomes considering how poor Brighton are at home. Next six games are Everton, Palace, Southampton, Chelsea, Man Utd, and Wolves; wouldn't be surprised if they're in the bottom three after those.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

They'll be just four points above the relegation zone if Fulham beat Brighton tomorrow, which isn't the most unlikely of outcomes considering how poor Brighton are at home. Next six games are Everton, Palace, Southampton, Chelsea, Man Utd, and Wolves; wouldn't be surprised if they're in the bottom three after those.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29vvq47vkaquy6lknvoo

Woeful manager. The thing about Bruce teams is yes they'll be many men behind the ball but they just watch each other and stand around like statues. I saw when he was ours and I'm seeing the same thing again at the barcodes.

Â