Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I do for 3 reasons

1 I think he's a dick

2 I think he's part of a lot of what's wrong with English football, he's definitley a platinum member of the old boys club, robbed a career at the expense of fans thanks to the likes of Richard Keys

3 he killed my enjoyment of villa, same as a fair few still hate lambert, I was OK under lambert but Bruce was too much, I'll always link him to me walking away from watching villa, so I do take it personally 

Perfect.

This sums it up.

And it's the combination of all three that mean I dislike him as much as I do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I will be cheering Steve Bruce on Tuesday as if he was villa manager in a play off final. I want Leeds to be terrible. 

Rather bizarrely, so will I. I'm looking forward to a terrible 2-0 victory over another Bielsa masterclass of possession. A Bamford blank would also help in my decision to dump him in FPL but that's a separate discussion :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Didn't Leeds hit them for 4 or 5 last time they met? Couldn't be a worse 2 games for Newcastle to get back on track than 2 winnable games on paper against Villa and Leeds but they might as well be playing City and United because they match up so poorly against these kinds of teams. You love to see it!

Personally don't care too much about Leeds and how they do. They'll finish about 12th or 13th with no relegation fears. Hell, Newcastle haven't won since November and are still 7 points clear of the drop. 

Yup, they ended up losing 2-5 against Leeds last time around. Ironically they looked a lot better during that period as well so I think this time around it will a real horror show. As you say, they don't play well against teams that press and attack in full force. They're in a lot of trouble.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Didn't Leeds hit them for 4 or 5 last time they met? Couldn't be a worse 2 games for Newcastle to get back on track than 2 winnable games on paper against Villa and Leeds but they might as well be playing City and United because they match up so poorly against these kinds of teams. You love to see it!

Personally don't care too much about Leeds and how they do. They'll finish about 12th or 13th with no relegation fears. Hell, Newcastle haven't won since November and are still 7 points clear of the drop. 

Fingers crossed ASM coming back in from the start will give them the boost they need.  Unfortunately creepy Crawley's demolition of Leeds has given them a poxy 10 day rest at just the wrong time.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, choffer said:

He did use the phrase "Fake news" when discussing if he'd had a falling out or not with Allan Saint-Maximin so maybe it's more of a Trump situation?

• Haha 1

I wouldn't rule them out of beating Leeds, Newcastle are the kind of team that can be on a bad run of form and then from nowhere go and beat a decent side, they're a bit like Palace in that sense, and it's not even as if Leeds themselves are in the best of form at the moment.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I wouldn't rule them out of beating Leeds, Newcastle are the kind of team that can be on a bad run of form and then from nowhere go and beat a decent side, they're a bit like Palace in that sense, and it's not even as if Leeds themselves are in the best of form at the moment.

That would shut a few people up 🎣

That's what Newcastle fans are worried about, quite bizzare to see some of their comments about the game, using words like 'sadly' and 'unfortunately' when predicting that they could win, even seen some of them refer to some of their games as 'must not wins'. Not a good place to be if you're so displeased with the manager that you're hoping that you're team doesn't win, or you can't take any enjoyment from it.

They have to be careful though, if Fulham's form continues then they'll be in a genuine relegation battle, they're already one of the worst three teams over the last ten games, if that form continues the gap between them and the bottom three will only get smaller and smaller.

4 hours ago, osmark86 said:

they're really not being diplomatic with their fans are they? XD

Serves them right. 50,000 people calling him all the names under the sun at St James every other week just like at Villa.

Oh wait. Neither of those things ever happened.

3 hours ago, sne said:

He did use the phrase "Fake news" when discussing if he'd had a falling out or not with Allan Saint-Maximin so maybe it's more of a Trump situation?

I'd love him to a press conference like Trump.

"Newcastle are the best biggliest in the league, believe me. Those results are fake news. I had a bigger points total than Rafa if you exclude all the illegal points he got."

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, useless said:

Not a good place to be if you're so displeased with the manager that you're hoping that you're team doesn't win, or you can't take any enjoyment from it.

We've all been there, when one S. Bruce was our manager for example. Never been so happy to see us miss a penalty, the best piece of play we ever had from Glenn Whelan. 

• Thanks 1

Â