Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Who on earth are they going to get to replace Bruce? 

Kinnear. George Graham. Megson. O'Leary. Curbishley or the warmed up corpse of some other late 90s manager willing to work for an easy but soul destroying 500k a year.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Most worrying for the fans is that in Bruce's post-match interview he said there were lots of positives to build on. Gulp.

Same shit Lambert comes out with. 

Flippin heck, just saw Newcastle have only scored one goal in their last eight games! (It was in their 2-1 defeat to Leicester). And none in their last four. I'm surprised given they have Carroll and Wilson up front, as they're good strikers, I'm guessing they've lacked service.

If they lose to Leeds on Tuesday and Fulham win, they could be in big trouble suddenly. 

Edited by robby b

59 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Most worrying for the fans is that in Bruce's post-match interview he said there were lots of positives to build on. Gulp.

Yes. A shot on target in the 4th minute and then none on target for the rest of the match. When we only had one attempt on target in a few matches from 2012 to 2016 I was really annoyed!

The Sky highlights are six attacks... all by us! That says a lot about Newcastle's performance tonight.

19 minutes ago, robby b said:

Flippin heck, just saw Newcastle have only scored one goal in their last eight games! (It was in their 2-1 defeat to Chelsea). And none in their last four. I'm surprised given they have Carroll and Wilson up front, as they're good strikers, I'm guessing they've lacked service.

If they lose to Leeds on Tuesday and Fulham win, they could be in big trouble suddenly. 

Are they good strikers, i think Wilson has more penalties than goals in open play. Carroll well he is a joke, probably had 10 goals in last 5 seasons 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Kinnear. George Graham. Megson. O'Leary. Curbishley or the warmed up corpse of some other late 90s manager willing to work for an easy but soul destroying 500k a year.

You dont know Mike Ashley enough, will be Lauren Robert or  some local pizzeria owner

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Are they good strikers, i think Wilson has more penalties than goals in open play. Carroll well he is a joke, probably had 10 goals in last 5 seasons 

Wilson started the season very well, maybe he's lost confidence since early December then. As for Carroll, hasn't he been out because of injury for quite a lot of time the last 5 seasons? But yeah, apart from that, I guess he's not quite as good as he was in his early years. He was brilliant for a while with his towering bullet headers, almost as good as the original Newcastle big man (Honey Monster).

Edited by robby b

5 minutes ago, robby b said:

Wilson started the season very well, maybe he's lost confidence since early December then. As for Carroll, hasn't he been out because of injury for quite a lot of time the last 5 seasons? But yeah, apart from that, I guess he's not quite as good as he was in his early years, he was brilliant for a while, even better than the original Newcastle big man, (Honey Monster).

Well half his goals were penalties nothing special for his allegedly 90k salary a week 

As for Carroll yeah, ive been drinking non stop for 2 weeks and im fitter 😂😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, robby b said:

Wilson started the season very well, maybe he's lost confidence since early December then. As for Carroll, hasn't he been out because of injury for quite a lot of time the last 5 seasons? But yeah, apart from that, I guess he's not quite as good as he was in his early years. He was brilliant for a while with his towering bullet headers, almost as good as the original Newcastle big man (Honey Monster).

Wilson is a very decent striker, I wanted him to sign for us as well as Watkins. If we had him in place of Davis I think we would have been even higher in the table.

• Thanks 1

Let down by an individual mistake unfortunately :rolleyes: I do enjoy when he brings out the classics.

"Unfortunately we have gifted them a goal and after that it was difficult. But there were large parts of it I was pleased about"

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Wilson is a very decent striker, I wanted him to sign for us as well as Watkins. If we had him in place of Davis I think we would have been even higher in the table.

i was very against signing him and 100k a week for 5 years i'm glad we didn't. those in charge of our club would've gone down in my estimation if we'd agreed to that sort of deal. i've just never rated him personnally

guarantee newcastle will be regretting that in a year when they're lumbered with him for 3 more years

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i was very against signing him and 100k a week for 5 years i'm glad we didn't. those in charge of our club would've gone down in my estimation if we'd agreed to that sort of deal. i've just never rated him personnally

guarantee newcastle will be regretting that in a year when they're lumbered with him for 3 more years

The length of contract and wages, absolutely I wouldn’t have wanted us to agree to those. Just in terms of a player I’d have been happy to have him in our squad.

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

See this is the thing, can you lumber Ashley with all the blame when they’re signing the likes of Callum Wilson on five year contracts for money he doesn’t deserve? 

11 hours ago, May-Z said:

Do you think he forgot he was managing Newcastle and thought he was still with us?

19 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

See this is the thing, can you lumber Ashley with all the blame when they’re signing the likes of Callum Wilson on five year contracts for money he doesn’t deserve? 

It’s a strange one from the outside looking in, they also signed Joelinton for stupid money as well.. £40m. I don’t know the ins and outs though so it may just be they sold more rather than net spend over the years? Contracts wise I agree - they seem to give their players good money so I don’t think that could be labelled at him? Still I don’t know much about their transfer dealings to make an assessment though. 

Â