Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ashley trying to get the deal resurrected 

Wont suprise me if its back on. All the PL need to say is due to the piracy issue in SA we cannot allow this deal to go ahead while piracy issue.

Done they wont have a leg to stand on

Or they could, you know, state the fact that the country treats people horrendously and has an appalling human right records and shouldn’t own a football club as it would bring the premier league into massive disrepute.

However, that also requires them growing a backbone and think about something else other than money. 

54 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Or they could, you know, state the fact that the country treats people horrendously and has an appalling human right records and shouldn’t own a football club as it would bring the premier league into massive disrepute.

However, that also requires them growing a backbone and think about something else other than money. 

Absolutely agree there cyrusr. 

No ball all about the £££ as if they dint have enough already

• Like 1

Remember when football said it was going to be more open and transparent? How about the premier league release a statement about why the approval of Newcastle’s potential new owners took so long and then collapsed? Is that me being a bit silly...

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Remember when football said it was going to be more open and transparent? How about the premier league release a statement about why the approval of Newcastle’s potential new owners took so long and then collapsed? Is that me being a bit silly...

i think the problem might be more the belief that they weren't in talks with the bid team throughout and that there is no transparency with them...they have no obligation to tell us or Newcastle fans why it fell through* and I don't believe for a minute that Staveley doesn't know the answer to that

Boris needs to be careful, he's playing on the emotions of football fans to get an easy win in the North but what he's actually doing is asking for details of a company takeover to be published to the public, how does that get applied outside of football? 

* im sure I read somewhere that the bid acceptance and exclusivity was time related and that they pulled out once they had gone past that date, so in effect what the PL have done is caused a collapse by delay rather than rejection and that delay could be for a whole host of reasons, including failure by the bid team to submit requested documents 

Edited by villa4europe

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Also extremely cringe:

The letter is supremely bleak for a sitting MP to be writing.

Still really angry about this. What do we need MPs to be focusing on, when they think about sport? Is it more important to think how to get aid to the 15 EFL clubs who are reported to be on the brink of administration? Or is it more important to feed some populist nonsense about Newcastle, a club whose ownership is financially secure, who has been spending enough to keep the club in the division, and which is in no apparent danger of going out of business whatsoever?

(Please don't reply telling me she's the local MP; I know. I don't believe that 'we wanted to bought by Saudi blood money, so we can spend it on even better footballers' is a campaign for a sitting MP to join, full stop, especially when so many clubs are on the brink of closing their doors forever)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Still really angry about this. What do we need MPs to be focusing on, when they think about sport? Is it more important to think how to get aid to the 15 EFL clubs who are reported to be on the brink of administration? Or is it more important to feed some populist nonsense about Newcastle, a club whose ownership is financially secure, who has been spending enough to keep the club in the division, and which is in no apparent danger of going out of business whatsoever?

(Please don't reply telling me she's the local MP; I know. I don't believe that 'we wanted to bought by Saudi blood money, so we can spend it on even better footballers' is a campaign for a sitting MP to join, full stop, especially when so many clubs are on the brink of closing their doors forever)

That's exactly what it is. Pop idol politics. Looks good to the deluded toon army fanbase and might win some new fans/voters. 

• Like 2

On 13/08/2020 at 00:04, HanoiVillan said:

Absolutely mortifying. Cringe.

Jesus. 

Yeah I'm sure the likes of Tag and Coca Cola are terrified that people from Newcastle won't be buying their products. 

At least when Liverpool fans boycotted the Sun, there were strong moral reasons for it. This is like a spoilt little kid kicking off because he didn't get the most expensive toys at Christmas. I **** hate this club. I hope nothing but misery come to their fanbase. Entitled **** rocket polishers. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 3

Shock horror it was the consortium's fault and its them that aren't telling the fans what they want to hear 

It was so obviously the case 

And the comments are brilliant, so many of them reading the letter (I think at least...) and interpreting it however the **** they feel like

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And the comments are brilliant, so many of them reading the letter (I think at least...) and interpreting it however the **** they feel like

You have to remember they can’t read so it’s just them guessing what is in there and then getting someone to type into social media for them

Social media like Twitter could have been such a net benefit to civilisation but reading the comments on that and the delusional echo-chamber they are existing in and perpetrating is a prime example of how its actually been used. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hopefully they go down with Leeds when this coming season is over.

Newcastle, Leeds and Wet Spam

Imagine that. 

• Like 3

Â