Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

45 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I've always found it strange that people want to criticise certain regimes (I'm not a fan of the Saud's for the way they got in to power btw) yet it's our governments that are willing to sell weapons and continue to do so even after their questionable records.

Who's in the wrong? the person who uses the gun or the person sells the gun to the murderer.

I noticed no-one is mentioning that the Reuben brothers are also part of the deal. Their morality hasn't been questioned?? 

I am dubious of all complaints that are based on morality when it does not affect the individual directly. Dig a little deeper, and most often than not, you find the true reasoning. With the Premier League it seems to be a piracy issue not a morality issue. With opp fans it is a competition issue, with a good dose of schadenfreude, not a morality issue. 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Check out the cringe fest that is #PremierLeagueIsCorrupt on Twitter. Hilarious. 

Because if there's one thing the PL hate it's competition, drama and a story they can use to promote their product... 

So they perform above expectations this year   Honestly I expected the to be relegated but they had a good solid season now I see them crying saying they are done with the. Club and wont be fans of the club any more, we endured three years in the championship almost went into administration and still stuck by the club. And to be fair Ashley spends enough to keep Newcastle up each year 

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What the hell is a squatnose? 

Just his/her username on there; probably an ex boxer....or boxer dog !

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

A son of the sty's opinion on it...we even get a special mention, bless him :

Screenshot_20200731-100244_Chrome.jpg

Now now he's totally wrong, they have already been took over and will have the chance to compete at the top... Of league 1

• Haha 1

So you are telling me that the annual Newcastle take-over that is effectively a done deal and will launch the club  to the very pinnacle of European football hasn't actually happened, again!

I'm shocked. Every year those mugs fall for it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

What I want to understand is why if this Saudi deal had gone ahead they would have just been able to spend whatever the hell they wanted (apparently) without any concerns about FFP?

Because the Saudi investment fund own a lot of businesses around the world. 

So suddenly Newcastle would have had a preferred potato supplier and sponsored favourite tractor manufacturer all giving them money 'legally'.

Edited by ender4

On 01/08/2020 at 11:15, Demitri_C said:

20200801_111158.jpg

I've said it a lot on here before, but anytime someone mentions Newcastle being a bigger club I remind them that the only thing they really have over Villa is a bigger ground/fanbase. And that's because they're a one club city.
Since Newcastle last won any major trophy, Villa have won:

5 League Cups
1 FA Cup
1 Top Flight Title
1 European Cup
1 European Super Cup

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've said it a lot on here before, but anytime someone mentions Newcastle being a bigger club I remind them that the only thing they really have over Villa is a bigger ground/fanbase. And that's because they're a one club city.

5 League Cups
1 FA Cup
1 Top Flight Title
1 European Cup
1 European Super Cup

This 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

5 League Cups
1 FA Cup
1 Top Flight Title
1 European Cup
1 European Super Cup

They have only been to 2 major finals since 1976.

Â