Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Just now, villalad21 said:

Would you accept blood money to ensure success?

I would see it as the same as a lot of middle Eastern problems and football, same as the Qatar World Cup, why are people turning a blind eye to it in day to day life but then questioning it as soon as they dip their toe into football?

So yes I would, due to ignorance and the belief that politically nothing in going to change i accept what the Saudis are doing now so I would accept them once they've bought a football club, I have no opinion on them now or then 

22 hours ago, Hornso said:

Deal will go through, FFP will be removed and they will be throwing money around like it's going out of fashion.

I’m not convinced, I still don’t understand why they have this 3-way if they want to throw a shedload of money at the club.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m not convinced, I still don’t understand why they have this 3-way if they want to throw a shedload of money at the club.

Yep, it just doesn't smell right, even if it does eventually go through, until we're sat here in 10 years time and they've spent a billion quid I'm not convinced by it all

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

We’ll have probably spent a billion over the next decade and still be in the Championship :lol: 

At least we're not Sunderland

You think it's really bad but plenty of others have it much worse than us.

Edited by villalad21

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Sunderland last 4 years:

2016/17 :Relegation to Championship 

2017/18 :Relegation to League One

2018/19 :Play-Off Final defeat in last minute 

2019/20 : Season ended by Covid19, one place outside playoffs 

🤣 thats pretty rough man

...and finished outside the playoffs due to a 96th minute equalizer against them in their penultimate game before the Covid break, before losing their last game before it.

Edited by bobzy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BBC reporting the takeover is delayed further as the Premier League arent sure who will actually take over the ownership of the club

16 weeks now, pretty sure it was arranged before lockdown. Definitely something suspicious about this 

• Haha 1

Got no chance of doing anything in this transfer window. Bruce will probably remain in charge for the full season so think it will be more of the same of grinding their way to 14th or wherever they ended up.

Certainly should be trying to finish above them next season.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Got no chance of doing anything in this transfer window. Bruce will probably remain in charge for the full season so think it will be more of the same of grinding their way to 14th or wherever they ended up.

Certainly should be trying to finish above them next season.

Would be a shame if they were to go down before new cashed up ownership was able to splurge.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

BBC reporting the takeover is delayed further as the Premier League arent sure who will actually take over the ownership of the club

16 weeks now, pretty sure it was arranged before lockdown. Definitely something suspicious about this 

Sounds like when Tony Xia came in and there was speculation he was the face of the Chinese government infiltrating UK football!

Â