Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Hahaha 

I’ll be disappointed ethically if it goes through, but in a football sense it doesn’t bother me that much as Newcastle would attract decent owners whoever bought them.

That said I would take some spiteful enjoyment out of it collapsing.

All those media outlets blowing their loads with “done deal” and who the next manager will be, and all the new signings... :crylaugh:

I wonder if Saudi Arabia buying rights to the PL via the official channel, at a time where the PL has quite a predicament financially might smooth the way....?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

All those media outlets blowing their loads with “done deal” and who the next manager will be, and all the new signings... :crylaugh:

I wonder if Saudi Arabia buying rights to the PL via the official channel, at a time where the PL has quite a predicament financially might smooth the way....?

Can you even imagine if this all broke down?

I would screenshot the hell out of salty Newcastle fans on Twitter and save them until the day i die.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Can you even imagine if this all broke down?

I would screenshot the hell out of salty Newcastle fans on Twitter and save them until the day i die.

It would be hilarious. The whole deal stinks. The fact that the multibillionaire Saudis have other backers involved, makes no sense to me. I can’t figure it out.

Edited by Genie

I think the takeover wlll still go ahead stories of iit collapsing were always going to happen as the papers need something to write about and those kind of headlines attract a lot of visitors to the story. Only thing that seems strange to me is the way the story has been in the media for so long, normally when mega rich people buy a club it happens very quickly, usually the first you hear of it is the story of the deal being completed or agreed, off the top of my head that was the case with our takeover, Man City's and Chelsea's as well, and Wolves' takeover.

Still think the hold up is basically down to the proxy war between Qatar and the Saudi's.

Qatar owns Bein Sport who holds the right to the broadcasting deal down there, the Saudi's down want to pay money to Qatar so they pirate the games for free. This is something the PL has ignored but can't now when the Saudi's are buying Newcastle. They somehow have to get Qatar onboard with it and the Saudi's still don't want to pay Qatar.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I think the takeover wlll still go ahead stories of iit collapsing were always going to happen as the papers need something to write about and those kind of headlines attract a lot of visitors to the story. Only thing that seems strange to me is the way the story has been in the media for so long, normally when mega rich people buy a club it happens very quickly, usually the first you hear of it is the story of the deal being completed or agreed, off the top of my head that was the case with our takeover, Man City's and Chelsea's as well, and Wolves' takeover.

Don't ruin our hope!

Not sure why Villa fans are so worried about the Newcastle takeover to be honest, it's not as if we don't have very wealthy owners of our own, they're  the richest family in Egypt and an American billionaire, so money wise should be able to be competitive. 1f680.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure why Villa fans are so worried about the Newcastle takeover to be honest, it's not as if we don't have very wealthy owners of our own, they're  the richest family in Egypt and an American billionaire, so money wise should be able to be competitive. 1f680.png

I’m not “worried” either way. 

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Presume they'll just buy PL right themselves?

I suggested this yesterday, and last night the mirror (I know) reported that SA will bid for rights to show future games.

It will be appalling if it’s only the money that holds this up and not the human rights violations.

Buying the TV rights comes with the expectation that they have $400bn to play with and are willing to throw unlimited funds at newcastle

I still just don't see it 

Its an investment fund, spending a couple of billion on the PL is not an investment, that's a purchase that you'll never break even on 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its an investment fund, spending a couple of billion on the PL is not an investment, that's a purchase that you'll never break even on 

It's not an investment fund that's trying to make a profit. It's one that's trying to create a better image of a horrible country. It's similar to what is happening at man city and PSG, you use sport to improve the image of your country/domestic brands. It's called sports washing. Nobody cares if you are stoning women to death for being seen by another man as long as you bring in a number 9. Tha luv a number 9 in Newcastle like.

• Like 4

yeah I get that but then that's questionable, they have partners for example, how does them spunking £2bn in to the club to improve their public image work with staveley and the brothers?

it would also sit differently to how they are spending money elsewhere around the globe (the $65bn they are spending this year) where they are purely investors

I can see this going through, I can see people getting very excited, I can see them spending a lot of money on some very big name marketable players and a manager but I cant see them fighting UEFA in court in 5 years time because they are so flagrantly flaunting the FFP rules to try and win the CL, I think they will just become another PL club with filthy rich billionaire owners spending hundreds of millions each summer joining the "competing" tagline sky wheel out before a ball is kicked, there are about 7 of them already

they didn't buy utd for the £2bn or whatever it was but now they're going to buy Newcastle, the TV rights and pump £500m - £1bn in to that team to get them to where utd are anyway? with nowhere near the revenue generated in return? 

As we have found having billionaire owners doesn't mean much now due to FFP. The drawbridge is up and it will be very hard for another team to join the elite. Leicester are performing miracles at the moment.  Arsenal are falling back due to not getting into the CL and they are a London club with a 60,000 stadium. No amount of money is going to change the fact that Newcastle are located in the periphery of the country, miles from London which will always limit their ability to bring in major top talent.

Â