Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Fat and proper wallet test.

Ah well, at least it means there's finally a home for Coutinho and Cavani.

Another club we should be looking to at least compete with.

I'd be gutted if they got Pochettino. Kind of funny that Rafa left them because of lack of spending...

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Kind of funny that Rafa left them because of lack of spending...

Still falling for that smoke and mirrors... 

Rafa left because someone paid him more, a hell of a lot more...

8 hours ago, Tony said:

Let’s be honest it doesn’t really change anything for us. 

Not today or tomorrow now. Next 5 years though will just mean another one we'll have to try to finish over in the top half once we start signing some good players.

Think we've finished above Newcastle once in last 8-9 seasons which is pretty dismal considering how bad they've been last decade.

Newcastle can have a billionaire if want but truth is its a slim football market. Football already has 2 rich sugar daddy teams, maybe 3 including Chelsea. Count this with United, Liverpool, Juventus, Inter, Real, Barca and Bayern

Really not that many great players to go around

Its true though. Even with big money its gonna be hard for them to get a team as good as city liverpool chelsea and even united. United are improving and i think they will be challenging in top four very soon

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its true though. Even with big money its gonna be hard for them to get a team as good as city liverpool chelsea and even united. United are improving and i think they will be challenging in top four very soon

I think Newcastle fans would be more than happy just to become a top 10 team. After all they've been through the past 10 years

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not today or tomorrow now. Next 5 years though will just mean another one we'll have to try to finish over in the top half once we start signing some good players.

Think we've finished above Newcastle once in last 8-9 seasons which is pretty dismal considering how bad they've been last decade.

Personally think it will even out. If you have Newcastle consistently making top four at the expense of spurs, then their top players likely won’t want to stick around as long and therefore they become weaker and easier to compete with in the long run. 

We don’t have the money at the moment to even compete with Man City’s, Chelsea’s, United and Liverpool’s. So I don’t think this effects our “plan” which effectively looks like a poor version of Dortmund’s at the moment, but to invest in youth and develop rather than buy ready made stars. 

Think the likes of spurs Everton etc. Will be pi**ed about this though. Specially Everton. 

Will be interesting to see how others teams owners react to this. 

in the same way that you could argue the Man City takeover lead to some disinterest from Lerner, I wonder if Abramovich is going to be happy to keep ploughing money in, or the Everton owners. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Delusional

i was stupid to comment on a news report that Rafa was coming back that he left for money and would now be happy to come back for money...he’s done his 2nd coming trick on their fan base too

He's going to sign John Stones and Ross Barkley apparently :D 

Their fans deserve the club to go bankrupt for applauding and encouraging this deal.

These Saudi people and their regime have been using beheading's as capital punishment.

Absolute disgrace

Edited by villalad21

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/26/newcastle-takeover-in-serious-doubt-as-wto-rules-pirate-tv-channel-is-saudi

The controversial £300m Saudi Arabia-funded takeover of Newcastle United appears to be in serious doubt after the World Trade Organization ruled that the country is behind a pirate satellite TV and streaming service that offers illegal access to sporting events, the Guardian can reveal.

Happy Celebration GIF by Steve Harvey TV - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Â