Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I seriously don't think I could get behind this if it were happening to us. 

Imagine experiencing true glory with your club for the first time and what you'd have to ignore that made it possible. I think it would ruin a lot of it for me. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I seriously don't think I could get behind this if it were happening to us. 

Imagine experiencing true glory with your club for the first time and what you'd have to ignore that made it possible. I think it would ruin a lot of it for me. 

The Newcastle fans responding on Twatter seem to not care about her feelings. Nice bunch

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Newcastle fans responding on Twatter seem to not care about her feelings. Nice bunch

But being brutally honest, can you imagine a percentage of our fan base wouldn't be responding in the same manner?

Every club has an element of tasteless fans sadly and Twitter et al just gives them a mouthpiece to a wider audience. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

So what I don't understand is why they would seemingly be able to pump in huge sums of money and we can't? Surely we are bound by the same FFP rules?

We already have pumped in huge amounts of money, and if we are not relegated we might do it again. Think we were among the top 10 spenders in Europe this season.

We've spent much more than the club would have been able to without our owners pumping in from their personal money.

Our owners are really rich, if the Saudis buy Newcastle they will make the Man City owners look like regular Joe's.

Our owners had to pump in tons of cash just to keep us afloat, and then even more to build us a team that was vaguely competitive.

Newcastle will be starting from a much more solid foundation and therefore they can go for much higher caliber players from the start. If they show they are serious and get a top level manager in.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Twitter comments isn't a great representative of a football club set of fans opinion.

You get the most extreme opinions and viewpoints on Twitter. We all know this.

3 hours ago, sne said:

We already have pumped in huge amounts of money, and if we are not relegated we might do it again. Think we were among the top 10 spenders in Europe this season.

Didn't we spend what we would basically earn through TV money?

Its going throygh no shock as money talks. Another nail in football.

Absolutely disgusting that they are allowing this to happen with known murderers. 

Honestly i am very close to walking away from football

Edited by Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its going throygh no shock as money talks. Another nail in football.

Absolutely disgusting that they are allowing this to happen with known murderers. 

Honestly i am very close to walking away from football

I hope they are only there to drain money from Newcastle and bankrupts them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Click the link to where they've spent the other $82bn :lol:

Did some digging 

$700m in Boeing, $500m in Citigroup, Facebook, marriot, Disney, cisco and suncor, $80m in Starbucks, booking. Com, IBM and Pfizer, $400m in live nation, $800m in BP, $500m in shell, $200m in total, around $2bn in to uber

They're investors chucking money in to businesses, how Newcastle fits in to that is anyone's guess but the deal to buy them is definitely small fry to what else they're doing, I still suspect (hope) this is a cash investment vehicle and it will be fronted by Staveley, the actual rich men will be in the background with no real interest other than the balance sheet, this $400bn stuff is bollocks, they're not selling their Facebook shares to fund a Steve Bruce war chest 

Â