Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

I also think FFP will be relaxed to allow clubs owners to prop up clubs without punishment. 

If that's the case, the future's bright for us (provided the FA don't relegate us of course :D )

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If that's the case, the future's bright for us (provided the FA don't relegate us of course :D )

I’d expect if it happens it’ll be a to cover losses, not spend £400m on players and wages :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Imagine Pochettino with 150 mill to spend every summer..

I can't imagine much, pretty much the best Spurs players he inherited. 

Newcastle dont have Kane, Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen  to work with 

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I can't imagine much, pretty much the best Spurs players he inherited. 

Newcastle dont have Kane, Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen  to work with 

He worked wonders with Southampton. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Imagine Pochettino with 150 mill to spend every summer..

150million is 4 or 5 highly rated players with no guarantee of success

Look at that ndombele poch signed for spurs, £52million and all he's done is score the customary debut goal against villa

The road to success now has a big bollard in the middle with ffp, Newcastle getting rich with cash might propel them into the top half of the table but they won't be buying world class players like Chelsea and city could when they got rich

• Like 1

Tom Ross posted this on his Facebook page

This is a statement from the Premier League on the possibility of a return to live football. I would Imagine the Championship will follow suit #AVFC #wwfc #BCFC #WBAFC 

At a meeting of Premier League Shareholders today, clubs discussed possible steps towards planning to resume the 2019/20 season, when it is safe and appropriate to do so.

It was reiterated that the thoughts of all are with those directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Furthermore, the Premier League’s priority is the health and safety of players, coaches, managers, club staff, supporters and the wider community.

The League and clubs are considering the first tentative moves forward and will only return to training and playing with Government guidance, under expert medical advice and after consultation with players and managers.

The League welcomed the creation of the Government medical working group for a return of elite sport, which met for the first time this morning.

No decisions were taken at today’s Shareholders’ meeting and clubs exchanged views on the information provided regarding "Project Restart".

It was agreed that the PFA, LMA, players and managers are key to this process and will be further consulted.

The clubs reconfirmed their commitment to finishing the 2019/20 season, maintaining integrity of the competition and welcomed the Government’s support.

Nothing interesting then. 

Edited by Genie

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So still no takeover and seem like reports has died down a bit

If they were as rich and interested as they were reported to be then they’d just tell their team to get it done. Wouldn’t have dragged out for weeks like this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

If they were as rich and interested as they were reported to be then they’d just tell their team to get it done. Wouldn’t have dragged out for weeks like this.

Would be hilarious if nothing happened.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I've read some weird stuff that Amanda Staveley and the Reuben Brothers will be buying the club then selling the majority to the Saudi investment fund. No idea how this would be beneficial so could just be internet bollocks.

It is interesting though as if Amanda Staveley puts up £30m of the cash for 10% then the Saudis pump £600m into the club over the next few years (presumably by issuing shares) her share would go down to a little over 3% unless she invests another £60m herself, which I don't think she could. I understand the value of the club will increase, but with little room at the top I just don't see how they add enough value to compensate this.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it and she simply wants a seat at the table which would add up with her previous involvement in takeovers. Just seems weird that the person with by far the least resources seems to have little to gain.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Would be hilarious if nothing happened.

It's probably way too optimistic, but I'm holding on to hope that Khashoggi's widow speaking up makes it a step to far to approve.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's probably way too optimistic, but I'm holding on to hope that Khashoggi's widow speaking up makes it a step to far to approve.

They were supposed to be taken over many months ago by some mega rich middle eastern guys. Apparently it was pretty much a done deal back then as well.

This seem oddly familiar. Maybe Mike Ashley just doesn't want to sell haha

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I've read some weird stuff that Amanda Staveley and the Reuben Brothers will be buying the club then selling the majority to the Saudi investment fund. No idea how this would be beneficial so could just be internet bollocks.

It is interesting though as if Amanda Staveley puts up £30m of the cash for 10% then the Saudis pump £600m into the club over the next few years (presumably by issuing shares) her share would go down to a little over 3% unless she invests another £60m herself, which I don't think she could. I understand the value of the club will increase, but with little room at the top I just don't see how they add enough value to compensate this.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it and she simply wants a seat at the table which would add up with her previous involvement in takeovers. Just seems weird that the person with by far the least resources seems to have little to gain.

If the Saudis have these hundreds of billions why do they want/need to piss about with these share deals? 
I thought she was just hired to do the deal on their behalf, and I’d assume would get paid as cash or a share for her trouble.

Edited by Genie

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

If the Saudis have these hundreds of billions why do they want/need to piss about with these share deals? 
I thought she was just hired to do the deal on their behalf, and I’d assume would get paid as cash or a share for her trouble.

It must be that. Nothing else makes sense but the speculation is making it all so confused.

Although the Reuben brothers are disgustingly wealthy it also seems weird them willing to be minority investors, although I understand they own a lot of Newcastle city centre so maybe that’s their main interest.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

It must be that. Nothing else makes sense but the speculation is making it all so confused.

Although the Reuben brothers are disgustingly wealthy it also seems weird them willing to be minority investors, although I understand they own a lot of Newcastle city centre so maybe that’s their main interest.

Maybe they want to bulldoze the stadium and turn it into student flats :P

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They were supposed to be taken over many months ago by some mega rich middle eastern guys. Apparently it was pretty much a done deal back then as well.

This seem oddly familiar. Maybe Mike Ashley just doesn't want to sell haha

Yeah, I do think he’ll be a bit in the shit financially now though so I he probably would sell which is why I’m hoping there’s outside intervention.

I’ve seen people mention that the Saudi state pirates Bein and plays PL games for free, which is probably the only thing likely to make the PL pause for thought.

Â