Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

For a club sat 13th in the PL he'd be a great aquisition

For the man himself he'd be joining the team 13th in the PL rather than the utd job he was always linked with, the bayern job which has an interim coach, the barca job which went to someone else (I know about espanol) and no doubt the several other better jobs across Europe this summer for this Newcastle "project" which will probably result in the same conversation in 3 years time is he really that great because he hasn't won anything 

Bayern just gave the manager a 3 year contract so can rule that out, United wont sack Ole yet. the only big jobs around Europe for him will be if they sack Tuchel at PSG(ex-player), Juventus but not sure he is the cup of tea or Dortmund. Wild option could be his old job since he is on the payroll.

Dortmund is funny as the fans wanted rid of Favre a few times this season but some Newcastle fans think it would be a coup. Not sure he speaks English

• Thanks 1

The biggest honour Pochettino has won in his managerial career is the 2019 London Manager of the Year. I like him as a manager but he isnt going to turn Newcastle into champions or make Joelinton a Brazilian version of Kane

Realistically thou no amount of money or manager is going to turn them into champions before at best 3-5 seasons. And even then Plop and City are not just going to roll over.

The amount of rebuild needed and the competition in the league makes it so.

Poch would be a good choice for them, once he's done a couple of seasons of rebuilding and the owners have proved they are serious they will be able to attract the very best managers.

All hinges on the take over actually happening thou. Hopefully it hits a snag somehow.

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Out of interest what are we paying Smith annually?

Probably at most 1.5 million a year, cant see anything more than that. He is among the lowest paid in the league

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Probably at most 1.5 million a year, cant see anything more than that. He is among the lowest paid in the league

Even his new deal that he signed earlier this season (as a PL manager)?

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Even his new deal that he signed earlier this season (as a PL manager)?

Yeah pretty sure he came in on a fairly standard Championship contract. 400-800k bracket.

• Thanks 1

On 29/04/2020 at 11:45, dubbs said:

So if this goes through,  Newcastle will be on a different level to us. Great we fall even further behind. 

I don't understand why this would be the case? As long as FFP is still in play, they could get Jeff Bezos in charge and they'll still be confined to spending in line with their revenue?

All new owners do in this post-FFP age to my understanding is either tighten or relax the purse-strings depending on how rich they are. They're not going to be pumping hundreds of millions of their own money like City did. And right now, our owners are among the most relaxed in the league with how generous they are with spending the club's money on transfers, and as we found out the hard way, it takes time to build a good team, not even one 150m transfer window can even keep us out of a relegation fight. Newcastle have a loooooooooong way to go before they're challenging for anything serious.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't understand why this would be the case? As long as FFP is still in play, they could get Jeff Bezos in charge and they'll still be confined to spending in line with their revenue?

All new owners do in this post-FFP age to my understanding is either tighten or relax the purse-strings depending on how rich they are. They're not going to be pumping hundreds of millions of their own money like City did. And right now, our owners are among the most relaxed in the league with how generous they are with spending the club's money on transfers, and as we found out the hard way, it takes time to build a good team, not even one 150m transfer window can even keep us out of a relegation fight. Newcastle have a loooooooooong way to go before they're challenging for anything serious.

This is a guy who can murder people more or less openly and get away with it without facing any issues. If he want's to avoid FFP issues he'll just pay enough people to be able to do that too.

With all that's happening in the world and football with the pandemic I think FFP will be scrapped or put on hold for a while anyway.

But I agree it will take both loads of money, skill, luck and time for them to challenge for the title.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

@sne that's if you believe that Salman even knows he's buying newcastle

They want to manage $400bn worth of assets, the £300m football club is not an important piece of that, its somewhere to put some loose money, key word is still "investment" and the role of Staveley 

Man worth 400bn is buying newcastle is a very different story from man uses a 3rd party to invest 0.075% of his wealth 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

@sne that's if you believe that Salman even knows he's buying newcastle

They want to manage $400bn worth of assets, the £300m football club is not an important piece of that, its somewhere to put some loose money, key word is still "investment" and the role of Staveley 

Think it's more down to sportswashing. They want an object to promote themselves and to improve the way people view them.

Qatar have been fairly successful with City doing this and the Saudis probably intend to halt this and continue their proxy war with the PL as battle front.

This is like buying add space for them.

On 29/04/2020 at 14:56, Demitri_C said:

Sky sports saying Newcastle new owners willing to pay 19m a year just for poch to manage them. 🤯

Get ready for city mark 2

That’s unbelievable, literally.

17 minutes ago, sne said:

This is a guy who can murder people more or less openly and get away with it without facing any issues. If he want's to avoid FFP issues he'll just pay enough people to be able to do that too.

With all that's happening in the world and football with the pandemic I think FFP will be scrapped or put on hold for a while anyway.

But I agree it will take both loads of money, skill, luck and time for them to challenge for the title.

I also think FFP will be relaxed to allow clubs owners to prop up clubs without punishment. 

Â