Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Ramblings of a loon, can't figure out what you're saying.

Pretty simple really you can't cope with the fact that Bruce is going to finish ahead of you beloved hero Deano, but we beat him once or twice which means we are ace.

3 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

Pretty simple really you can't cope with the fact that Bruce is going to finish ahead of you beloved hero Deano, but we beat him once or twice which means we are ace.

What is your beloved hero Bruce career record vs Smith? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

Does it hurt to see Bruce getting results against teams Deano never will?  But don't worry Bruce didn't deserve them. so Morally he's lost and you win.  

You're becoming like a jilted lover who's realised their ex has moved on to better things.

Wait, why are you gloating on behalf of another team's manager over your own? Utterly baffling behaviour.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

Does it hurt to see Bruce getting results against teams Deano never will?  But don't worry Bruce didn't deserve them. so Morally he's lost and you win.  

You're becoming like a jilted lover who's realised their ex has moved on to better things.

Are you a rival supporter? You are supposed to have a blue shade to your posts indicating which team you support when posting on the Villa forum. 

9 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

This is a stunning post for a villa fan to make. Hilarious, you've managed to destroy any credibility with one post.

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Are you a rival supporter? You are supposed to have a blue shade to your posts indicating which team you support when posting on the Villa forum. 

Well you’d think Newcastle are our nearest and dearest rivals given the joy people take in seeing them lose.

It works both ways.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

This is a stunning post for a villa fan to make. Hilarious, you've managed to destroy any credibility with one post.

Just stating facts, it's not my fault some are so far invested in the Bruce is the worst manager ever and Deano is God mentality that their pride refuses to let them admit Bruce isn't that bad and Deano is no Premier League manager. 

Newcastle have finished midtable for the last two seasons, playing a brand of football well suited to Bruce's defensive approach, so he hasn't really had to change anything, on top of that they also spent money in the summer, and in the Longstaff brothers have two of their best youth products for many years. He landed on his feet with this job really, which is why I predicted in the summer that they wouldn't be relegation certainties like many were predicting. That said they're not safe yet, a Bruce team is the kind of team that can easily go five or six games without a win and get dragged back into it.

1 hour ago, Stuartc445 said:

Just stating facts, it's not my fault some are so far invested in the Bruce is the worst manager ever and Deano is God mentality that their pride refuses to let them admit Bruce isn't that bad and Deano is no Premier League manager. 

Again stunning post for a villa fan to make. Genuinely amazed.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Bruce is doing a better job with a worse team.

It was absolutely right for him to leave us when he did (6 months too late in fact) and I wouldn't change that. We wouldn't have got promoted with him.

But the clamouring on here to turn everything about him into a negative never ceases to amaze me.

Are they? 

They've been in the prem the last couple of years. I'm not sure there is much difference in the squads. 

Bruce is doing what he needs to do. He's done it before when he first joins a club. Let's see what it's like when he eventually leaves because I've not seen much to suggest he is capable of building good things  

His actions, his comments and the state he left us in are probably the reason people focus on negatives towards him. No real surprise. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Are they? 

They've been in the prem the last couple of years. I'm not sure there is much difference in the squads. 

Bruce is doing what he needs to do. He's done it before when he first joins a club. Let's see what it's like when he eventually leaves because I've not seen much to suggest he is capable of building good things  

His actions, his comments and the state he left us in are probably the reason people focus on negatives towards him. No real surprise. 

There's not much difference. And our injuries probably make our squad worse right now. But full strength I think they're inferior

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Bruce is doing a better job with a worse team.

It was absolutely right for him to leave us when he did (6 months too late in fact) and I wouldn't change that. We wouldn't have got promoted with him.

But the clamouring on here to turn everything about him into a negative never ceases to amaze me.

I don’t think they have a worse team at all. They are a squad that has been built and drilled to defend for 2 years now and they do it very well. Setting up teams to defend is Bruce’s bread and butter. It was a perfect fit for him. Pretty much able to pick up where Rafa left up. 

Posted the below in Premier League thread but it was better placed here :

Bruce is doing a great job at Newcastle especially considering his injury list. For all the criticism he got from us he’s in his element really. Setting up teams to not concede and then nicking the odd goal is his forte. 

Not many of our players would get in their best eleven, Grealish, then maybe Mings and McGinn but beyond that I'm struggling to think of anyone. If our squad is better than theirs or even just as good, then we should be doing better than we are.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think they have a worse team at all. They are a squad that has been built and drilled to defend for 2 years now and they do it very well. Setting up teams to defend is Bruce’s bread and butter. It was a perfect fit for him. Pretty much able to pick up where Rafa left up. 

Fair enough. Wasn’t really the point though. He’s doing an alright job. 

And even when he gets good results this board is full of people trying to play it down. It’s a bit strange is all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Fair enough. Wasn’t really the point though. He’s doing an alright job. 

And even when he gets good results this board is full of people trying to play it down. It’s a bit strange is all. 

People hate him because of how he acted his last season with us and his comments about the fans. Clouds their judgement of his ability as a manager. 

He is an old school manager that has a massive emphasis on defending first. It only works for so long though. Eventually fans want more. He will keep them up this this season but will never be able to push on no matter how much backing he gets. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Â