Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Bruce moaning about tiredness due to fixture congestion causing injuries. Other clubs seem to be managing, has he ever thought its because his teams have to spend so much time chasing after the ball and opposition because of how he sets up?

Newcastle have 11 players out: 

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Player Reason Further Detail Potential Return Condition Status  
Jamaal Lascelles Calf/Shin/Heel Injury Dec 28: "I was planning to start doing some straight-line jogging out on the grass. It's still just a matter of waiting until the bone heals but we're getting closer." 18/01/2020 None Ruled Out TRACK 
Paul Dummett Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury Dec 21: "He's got a groin injury. We'll see how he is." 11/01/2020 None 50% TRACK 
Matt Ritchie Ankle/Foot Injury Dec 21: "Lascelles back at the turn of the year, Ritchie the same." 11/01/2020 None 25% TRACK 
Allan Saint-Maximin Thigh Injury Dec 08: "We don't know how serious it is. We hope it is not too serious. When he pulls up the way he did, that's the thing you fear." 11/01/2020 None Ruled Out TRACK 
Ciaran Clark Calf/Shin/Heel Injury Dec 21: "Ciaran will be the next week or 10 days." 11/01/2020 None 50% TRACK 
Ki Sung-Yeung Other Illness 04/01/2020 None 75% TRACK 
Javi Manquillo Thigh Injury Hamstring Strain No Return Date Currently Being Assessed Ruled Out TRACK 
Jetro Willems Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury Groin Strain No Return Date Currently Being Assessed Ruled Out TRACK 
Jonjo Shelvey Thigh Injury Hamstring Strain No Return Date Currently Being Assessed Ruled Out TRACK 
Fabian Schar Thigh Injury Hamstring Injury No Return Date Currently Being Assessed Ruled Out TRACK 
DeAndre Yedlin Wrist/Hand Injury Hand Injury No Return Date Currently Being Assessed 50% TRACK 

I Think teams have figured them out and I think that they will really struggle the 2nd half of the season and it seems unlikely that Ashley will buy anyone during January. I cannot see them getting anything from Wolves/Chelsea/Everton in January and get really drawn into the relegation scrap. They then face Norwich/Arsenal/Crystal Palace/Burnley in February which are not easy either, possibly Norwich at home their best chance at 3 points.

It will also not take much for the fans to turn on them given the mood and I can see them free falling the 2nd half of the season. 

Forgot to put a bet on Rochdale. Home advantage and they've done well in the cups in recent seasons against better premier league teams than Newcastle. Peterborough were league 1 when they knocked us out two seasons ago so SB does have form for lower league shock defeats.

Another insightful press conference from Bruce. These quotes are the one good thing the Daily Mail has given the world. I enjoy this shit so much more when it's not us he's representing 😂

FA cup opponents:

"No-one wants to lose to bloody Rochdale, that's for sure, I don't want to be that (manager), why should I be?"

But Rafa excuse:

"Newcastle, in recent years, have not gone far enough...Somebody has just told me that Rochdale have got to the fourth round more than Newcastle over the last six years."

Lejeune injury:

"Asking him to play four games in 10 days was too much and I regret it, but to have five out of six centre-halves unavailable is unheard of. The hairy-a****d centre-halves are the ones who don't get injured!"

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He permanently damaged James Chester for life and he's risking doing it to someone else. For what, so he can stay in a stupid job for a couple months longer?

Well, he needs to stay on until the next round of cricket is on in the Caribbean.

• Haha 1

35% possession 1 shot on target, 2 new injuries but still 1-1 and a point away to Wolves.

God they are dismal, sit deep and waste time for 90 minutes every week.

They don't deserve to be in the PL, they don't even want to play football.

• Like 1

Â