Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

14 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Saint Maximin has done his hammy, out til January. Ha! 

Newcastle have got Burnley A, Palace H, Man Utd A, Everton H, Leicester H, Wolves A, for the next 6. It would be nice if they could lose all 6. 

1 assist in 12 games. He's not really contributed much to them.

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

1 assist in 12 games. He's not really contributed much to them.

But he has. While not many points on the board he is the one who always starts their counters by going Adama Traore on speed down the flanks.

He wins free kicks and corners from which they score and while absolutely prolific he is extremely suited to the way they play.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sne said:

But he has. While not many points on the board he is the one who always starts their counters by going Adama Traore on speed down the flanks.

He wins free kicks and corners from which they score and while absolutely prolific he is extremely suited to the way they play.

Exactly, it’s a bit short sighted to just look at assists and goals stats. 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet you moan when others say Wesley has better stats than others 🙄🤔

Yeah. But 1 assist. I think their front 3 only have 2 assists and 1 goal between them all season.

Welsey is a striker so that's what he primarily will be judged on. Although goals is the least of his problems right now.

Edited by villalad21

• 3 weeks later...

28% possession at home against Leicester

First club in PL history to average less than 40% possession over the season.

They are a disgrace and I really hope they go down.

Edit: 2nd team in PL history as the mighty Cardiff also managed it once.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Looks like they guy sitting there is about to put on his boots or possibly roll up his socks. Important to get the basics done.

😂

I've got a mate who supports Newcastle who sent me that. After giving it the big uns for a while he is now convinced they will definitely go down.

What I found interesting is he said Bruce keeps rushing players back from injury then they are getting injured again almost immediately (I think 3 went off injured today). I wonder how many careers he's willing to sacrifice to keep himself in a job for another 6 months.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

😂

I've got a mate who supports Newcastle who sent me that. After giving it the big uns for a while he is now convinced they will definitely go down.

What I found interesting is he said Bruce keeps rushing players back from injury then they are getting injured again almost immediately (I think 3 went off injured today). I wonder how many careers he's willing to sacrifice to keep himself in a job for another 6 months.

That sounds sadly familiar. What a cnut he is.

I also think and hope they will go down. They don't even try to have any sort a play themselves, just deep and punt it towards fast or tall person.

I'm sure he will once again come out and blame individual errors but those errors happens because his players are sat under pressure so deep in their own half.

Edited by sne

5 minutes ago, sne said:

That sounds sadly familiar. What a cnut he is.

I also think and hope they will go down. They don't even try to have any sort a play themselves, just deep and punt it towards fast or tall person.

I'm sure he will once again come out and blame individual errors but those errors happens because his players are sat under pressure so deep in their own half.

Bit shit isn’t it. We can argue about tactics etc until the cows come home but I don’t like to see players being risked like that.

I was a bit disappointed to find out McGinn had a niggle for a while before his break this season. I guess we have to trust the doctors.

• Like 1

Joelinton was their highest rated outfield player today with a score of 6.2 out of 10. Not one single outfield player had an even OK game :D 

158 accurate passes compared to 724 for Leicester. And even before the injury they only had 27% possession.

Not sure what you can do about 4 players going off injured within about 20 minutes leaving you with 10 against a team like Leicester. Already had 6 out so has limited their rotation over the 4 xmas games & now 10 of their squad are injured. They have got a relatively kind run of fixtures coming up i guess which may easy things a bit (home games in bold). Wolves, Chelsea, Everton, Norwich, Arsenal, Palace, Burnley

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Not sure what you can do about 4 players going off injured within about 20 minutes leaving you with 10 against a team like Leicester. Already had 6 out so has limited their rotation over the 4 xmas games & now 10 of their squad are injured. They have got a relatively kind run of fixtures coming up i guess which may easy things a bit (home games in bold). Wolves, Chelsea, Everton, Norwich, Arsenal, Palace, Burnley

Not a lot in the moment. When all three are hamstrings and (I think) a couple have recently come back from injury there are definitely questions to ask.

Edit.

Looks like Bruce agrees.

"You get injuries by forcing players to play tired. That's not an excuse, it's a fact. I was concerned before the match, I made that clear."

Edited by Sam-AVFC

7 hours ago, sne said:

28% possession at home against Leicester

First club in PL history to average less than 40% possession over the season.

They are a disgrace and I really hope they go down.

Cardiff had 39.1% last season. Not like this is a new thing for Newcastle is it, For those that actually care about the pointless stat that is possession they have been in the bottom 3 for the past 2 years under genius football messiah Benitez with 43.8% in 17/18 dropping down to 42.9% last year

• Like 1

Â