Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is that incredible? He's only ever managed bottom-half sides.

And hes a shit manager, so there's that as well.

...lights blue touch-paper and retires to a safe distance

Edited by TheStagMan

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is that incredible? He's only ever managed bottom-half sides.

Under Lambert, our goal differences were: -22, -22 and -26 respectively. We stayed up in all those years. Getting to a positive GD in the PL basically means finishing top 7/8. Bruce's highest ever finish was 10th with Sunderland in 2010/11. Would have been an amazing feat for him to ever achieve a positive GD.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So the stat that he's always had negative goal differences can be shot down

Him always having bottom half PL teams... How many PL seasons? 

It's not an argument that he's a brilliant manager, just that teams that finish in the bottom half rarely finish with positive goal difference. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Just saw an incredible stat regarding Bruce, he has never managed a full Premier League season with a positive goal difference 

He does have the worst goal difference of any Premier League manager.

If they win on Monday they go seven points clear of us, this after people on here have been relentlessly bashing Bruce's managerial process, and even celebrated his appointment as Newcastle manager as if it guaranteed that they'd take one of the relegation places and we'd finish above them. I guess he really has shut one or two people up afterall.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, useless said:

If they win on Monday they go seven points clear of us, this after people on here have been relentlessly bashing Bruce's managerial process, and even celebrated his appointment as Newcastle manager as if it guaranteed that they'd take one of the relegation places and we'd finish above them. I guess he really has shut one or two people up afterall.

Wait for it to happen first yeah.

• Like 1

he's doing what I thought at the start of the Bruce thread he would do with villa after he got us up, keep them up playing god awful going nowhere football that's unsustainable

he wont shut me up moaning about him because he'll never change, he'll just take the suffering of his shit somewhere else

• Like 1

9 hours ago, useless said:

Bruce's problem is always the long-term. Just like when we had Sherwood and baggies had Pulis, at the time, I still preferred having a chancer like Sherwood over an old-school manager like Pulis who fills a team with expensive old heads, with no plan for the future and one eye on the next pay-out. We got relegated and baggies stayed up, but as expected, Pulis turned to shite and baggies went down with a team of 30-year-olds and loan players. The familiar make-up of a Steve Bruce team. Give Bruce a couple of seasons at Newcastle and they'll be playing the worst football their fans have seen in years, their team will be full of loanees from the Top 7 and players over 30, and they'll still be 'there or there abouts' in the Bottom 7.

• Like 4

On 18/11/2019 at 00:56, useless said:

Not after tonight's performance.

Anyone who still defends him after that performance and delusional post match interview really needs to give their head a wobble!

• Like 1

Just seen a stat that their front three of Almiron, Joelinton, and Saint-Maximin cost £80m and have scored one goal and have two assists between them this season, even if you throw Dwight Gayle into the equation who cost them £10m, they still only have one goal and one assist between them.

• Haha 1

Â