Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why are people so insistent that they will fail? I don't like to admit it but Bruce is doing a good job there. People were saying eh would fail they be in bottom three but they are grinding results.

They ain't going down this year. 

Bruce did do ok for us in his first full season to be fair.  Not great but not bad either.

I am surprised how well he's done so far as i thought they would average about 1 point a game but currently he's doing better than that and they haven't had an easy set of fixtures either. Well done Bruce, fair play.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why are people so insistent that they will fail? I don't like to admit it but Bruce is doing a good job there. People were saying eh would fail they be in bottom three but they are grinding results.

They ain't going down this year. 

Bruce was always going to steady the ship in normal circumstances. However, it was toxic upthere in Newcastle, and they weren't doing that good last season. Put that over the fact that Toon fans can't stand Bruce himself.

I knew he will setup the team and won't be easy to beat. But he exceeded our expectations so far. Winning against top side (although they aren't doing good) but that have been understandable. Now they're beating teams around them so its much serious at the moment.

The league is tight so far. Brighton who we won couple of weeks ago and went above them, have the chance to beat Utd and go to 5th!

Newcastle improved their form in the best time with some easy fixtures coming. But this will be their huge challenge actually.

• Like 1

Ciaran Clark is joint top scorer with 2 and 6 defenders have scored in the league for them. Its good the goals are being spread around but also indicates they are playing for set-pieces and not much in open play

Watched most of their game yesterday, other than the first 25 minutes or so they were the better team. Just isn't happening for the strikers at the moment but it will come. Hit the woodwork, keeper made some good saves, almiron had what would have been a good goal blocked by saint maximin. Almiron, saint maximin & yedlin were excellent yesterday

Edited by LakotaDakota

39 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Watched most of their game yesterday, other than the first 25 minutes or so they were the better team. Just isn't happening for the strikers at the moment but it will come. Hit the woodwork, keeper made some good saves, almiron had what would have been a good goal blocked by saint maximin. Almiron, saint maximin & Berlin were excellent yesterday

That Berlin lad would probably be useless in defence 

When Bruce was with us we had a tendency to go on good runs but then undo it by going on a equally bad run of form, wouldn't be surprised to see the same happen at Newcastle, can still see them being heavily involved in the relegation battle for much of the season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

When do we play Newcastle? 

I'm going to bet 100 pounds Almoron scores against us to score his first goal and only goal in English football in a 1-0 win :lol: 

Not sure if serious question but we have them next.......will be interesting for sure and I agree that it’s nailed on Almiron will get his goal, we’re just so accommodating like that.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure if serious question but we have them next.......will be interesting for sure and I agree that it’s nailed on Almiron will get his goal, we’re just so accommodating like that.....

Probably not a bad idea putting money on Ciaran Clark scoring from a set piece as well.

Hopefully he'll also chip in with an own goal.

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm going to bet 100 pounds Almoron scores against us to score his first goal and only goal in English football in a 1-0 win :lol: 

Almiron, Clark and Joelinton will all get on the scoreshit. It was written.

• Haha 1

Newcastle will be without captain Jamaal Lascelles for up to three months after he suffered knee ligament damage in the 2-1 win over Bournemouth.

As much as I don't care to see players injured I hope this will derail them a bit.

If it's true, it's the Daily Mail so who knows

6 hours ago, sne said:

Newcastle will be without captain Jamaal Lascelles for up to three months after he suffered knee ligament damage in the 2-1 win over Bournemouth.

As much as I don't care to see players injured I hope this will derail them a bit.

If it's true, it's the Daily Mail so who knows

They have Scharr/Fernandez/Clark to come in, all of comparable quality (ie: not that great). Not sure what his leadership qualities are like, but from a footballing perspective I don't think it's that big of a blow.

11 hours ago, sne said:

Well they were losing 1-0 and playing crap when he went off after 20 minutes in the Bournemouth game so who knows what impact it may have. Him going off did seem to wake them up a bit as they were much the better side for the rest of the game. Dummett replaced him & did ok and he has played 20+ games for each of the past few years so may not be a huge upheaval

On 11/11/2019 at 13:07, lapal_fan said:

The clean sweep!

• Thanks 1

Â