Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

It's going to be brutal down the bottom, I think 6-7 teams could still go down with a game or two to go. Probably us included sadly. Unless Watford get left behind which I hope they do 

One, maybe two teams will go down feeling like they've been alright this season. We need a run of form and desperately need a striker and ideally a winger in January.

42 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

One, maybe two teams will go down feeling like they've been alright this season. We need a run of form and desperately need a striker and ideally a winger in January.

Other than Watford who have been dire so far, the rest of the league are so evenly matched outside the "sky big 6", come the end of the season I think the bottom half will be separated by 6 points and whoever goes down will point to VAR screwing them over in games 

First time in yonks at this stage of the season you can't predict who will go down 

9 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Other than Watford who have been dire so far, the rest of the league are so evenly matched outside the "sky big 6", come the end of the season I think the bottom half will be separated by 6 points and whoever goes down will point to VAR screwing them over in games 

First time in yonks at this stage of the season you can't predict who will go down 

Norwich and Southampton have received some big thrashings already and are in the relegation zone. I’m hoping they stay there with Watford all season. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I think Leicester have been better than most of the Sky big 6 this year. I hope they can keep it up

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Norwich and Southampton have received some big thrashings already and are in the relegation zone. I’m hoping they stay there with Watford all season. 

I'm hoping for Norwich, Newcastle and WH (in perpetuity). I doubt the latter will go but I'll happily take two out of three.

• Like 1

We really need to be beating them this time. Last time we've beaten them was under Houllier when Collins scored. It was my second game in Villa Park. (Strangely my first game was against Dingles the same year which we've lost actually).

It's been now 8-9 years since we last beaten them.

We've beaten Manchester City twice, Liverpool 3 times (4 if we consider Wembley), Arsenal twice, Chelsea once or twice, Spurs once. Only Man Utd which we failed to beat since then (well.... and the mighty Brentford).

On 27/10/2019 at 16:04, Zatman said:

Has a 40 million striker looking like a competition winner

He looks so much like Wes for us at times, Just stood up there on his own with little to no support. Not hard to see why he hasn't had much of an impact so far. There were a few times in the first half where they went charging forwards but there were only ever 2 or 3 of them moving at any sort of speed to help him. Him & Gayle together for the last 15/20 mins may cause a few teams some problems late in a game.

Edited by LakotaDakota

From what I've read Joelinton has not played much in a single striker system before.

At Hoffenheim he played in a forward 2 the left with much more support.

Now he's an isolated target man with no support in front of a team sitting deep.

Doesn't fit into how Newcastle/ Bruce want's to play and I get why Rafa vetoed against the signing before he was removed.

Andy Carroll is perfect for how they play, let's hope Bruce doesn't figure out that they might work better with a front 2 of Gayle and Joelinton (Carroll will never stay fit)

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Andy Carroll is perfect for how they play, let's hope Bruce doesn't figure out that they might work better with a front 2 of Gayle and Joelinton (Carroll will never stay fit)

No chance he is moving one of his precious centre backs for a striker

18 hours ago, privateer said:

I'm hoping for Norwich, Newcastle and WH (in perpetuity). I doubt the latter will go but I'll happily take two out of three.

As long as it's not Villa I don't care.

Saying that, Spudface taking the Jawdees down would tremendously amusing.

Joelinton was linked to Newcastle before Bruce arrived I'm pretty sure.

I've read a bunch of texts about Rafa vetoing against signing him but they went back once he was gone.

Supposedly Steve Nickson was the driving force behind signing him.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Joelinton was linked to Newcastle before Bruce arrived I'm pretty sure.

Supposedly Steve Nickson was the driving force behind signing him.

Knowing Mike Ashley it was probably Stevie Nicks

22 hours ago, sne said:

Give it two months, and with no training or preparation or even the slightest hint of a change coming he will go 4-4-2.

He will immediately abandon it after 45 minutes after his players who have never played the system or been properly coached on the system shockingly look like they have never played the system.

Â