Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

On 23/10/2019 at 23:17, Zatman said:

Nobody said any of that, maybe you should try dumb your arguments down as usual for us less intellectual 🙄

I'll easily dumb it down for you. Points are what are used in football to decide where a team finishes at the end of a season. The team that wins the league does so because they have picked up more points than everyother team. If we stay up we will have done so by getting more points than 3 other teams. To say points are irrelevant is the most ridiculous comment I have ever seen on here it's like some people have forgotten how football works. 

Also no doubt if we were to win the league playing terrible football people here would refuse to celebrate it because of that terrible football. That's fine but I will be celebrating so hard I won't sober up for at least a week. 

• Haha 1

you are completely missing the point, not sure if its because you don't understand it or because you don't want to understand it

the original point was would you be happy paying £100 to see your team have 30% possession and 1 shot on goal if that meant you picked up 1 or 3 points?

would you be happy if you spent £2,000 and watched your team do that 10 times and stay up? bearing in mind that the other 28 games you have 30% possession and 1 shot but don't win

I would not

as a villa fan I would of course be happy that we stayed up but I would be doing that from my house for £0

after my experience of villa in the PL last time round I would not be willing to spend money watching shit football regardless of the results regardless of whether or not we stayed up and it is safe to say steve bruce and his Newcastle team play shit football

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

I'll easily dumb it down for you. Points are what are used in football to decide where a team finishes at the end of a season. The team that wins the league does so because they have picked up more points than everyother team. If we stay up we will have done so by getting more points than 3 other teams. To say points are irrelevant is the most ridiculous comment I have ever seen on here it's like some people have forgotten how football works. 

Also no doubt if we were to win the league playing terrible football people here would refuse to celebrate it because of that terrible football. That's fine but I will be celebrating so hard I won't sober up for at least a week. 

I don't understand. Can you dumb it down more?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Can see them getting something with Wolves adjusting to life without Boly.

Hope not. Plenty of teams down the bottom picking up undeserved points.

It's going to be brutal down the bottom, I think 6-7 teams could still go down with a game or two to go. Probably us included sadly. Unless Watford get left behind which I hope they do 

So with the Jawdeys 1 - 0 up at half time I go outside to clear the garden of leaves. I get back in just as Wolves equalise.  My spidey senses are tingling and telling me Bruce has tried to hold on to a slender lead? If another defender has not been brought on already he would have been imminently. 

And the commentator has just said Andy Carrol is not available due to injury. 

oh no what GIF by Deal Or No Deal

Edited by sidcow

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They are not going down guys. I actually think Bruce isn't doing that bad with them

I'm 99% sure they will finish below us.  Decent result for us to be fair.

Everytime I see Gayle I remember him getting so magnificently sent off against us in the play offs and I have a chuckle.

Edited by sharkyvilla

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They are not going down guys. I actually think Bruce isn't doing that bad with them

8 points in 10 games, 6 goals. Has a 40 million striker looking like a competition winner

Not to mention playing 5 at the back everyweek 

Â