Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

27 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Is it "Batton down wor hatches" time or "dust wor selves down, roll wor sleeves up and give it a right good go next week" 

Wor socks definitely need pulling up after that

• Haha 1

From SKY

BRUCE: WE DIDN'T DO THE BASICS

When told about Lascelles' assessment of Newcastle's 'terrible' display, Steve Bruce told Sky Sports:  "It was probably worse than that if I'm brutally honest. It was unacceptable. 

"We've got supporters who've come here in their thousands and we have to give them more to shout about. 

"The red card changed the game but we have to show more hunger, desire and spirit. After the red card, we had to see what we've got when things are going against you, but it was a horror show.

"Muto missed a big chance and we didn't take it, but while they're game-changing, you can't look back at that. We didn't do near enough of the basics, and it was one of them where we needed to dig deep, but we didn't do anywhere near enough.

"I can have no complaints about the red card. Maybe during my time, but you can't follow through and it's one where I feel he'll look back and say he was in the wrong.

"Up until today, I've worked on our defensive organisation and it's kept us in games. But to win any football match you have to create challenges too. So it's about finding the right balance. This is a bad, bad performance. We will have to put away the mistakes we're making this week at the training ground, otherwise it is going to be a difficult season. We have to get the basics right.

"The second and third goal came so quickly, from a mistake and then a bad deflection. The defending left a lot to be desired and it ended up being a horrible afternoon. I always knew this was going to be a tough job, and I'm used to it over the last 20 years or so. Now we need to stick our chests out and respond.

"If we don't do the basics right against Manchester United, we'll have a tough afternoon again there."

• It's Leicester's biggest ever win in the Premier League
  • Newcastle United failed to land a shot on target in a Premier League game for the first time since December 2018 vs Fulham (0-0). 
  • During the 2017/18 season, Newcastle scored 39 goals scored at a rate of 1.03 goals per game. In 2018/19, Newcastle scored 42 goals at an average of 1.11 goals per game. So far this season, Newcastle are averaging 0.67 goals a game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/leicester-vs-newcastle/live/408046

Edited by sne

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Big Sam already turned them down in the summer.

He doesn't want an actual job.

Just want to sweep in and replace someone already failing have a no real pressure job until he can pick up his severance pay a couple of moths later after the club decides to go in another direction.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Big Sam will take it eventually, and he will play them like a fiddle. Will probably get double the 6m Rafa was on.

He said he already turned the job down in the summer

Wouldnt surprise me if he ended up there again though, kept them up then got sacked cus he wasn't a geordie

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

He said he already turned the job down in the summer

Wouldnt surprise me if he ended up there again though, kept them up then got sacked cus he wasn't a geordie

Big Sam is a smart devious word removed. He is a firefighter and knows he can get a shed load more for less work in a few months time from the truly desperate.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

He doesn't want an actual job.

Just want to sweep in and replace someone already failing have a no real pressure job until he can pick up his severance pay a couple of moths later after the club decides to go in another direction.

then he wont be joining Newcastle as Ashley will stick with him 😛

And yet they're on the same points as us despite having a tougher start to the season and not having the advantage of playing big chunks of their fixtures against West Ham and Arsenal with a man advantage. I think we need to concentrate on improving on our woeful record of one win in seven before we celebrate the bad form of others.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

And yet they're on the same points as us despite having a tougher start to the season and not having the advantage of playing big chunks of their fixtures against West Ham and Arsenal with a man advantage. I think we need to concentrate on improving on our woeful record of one win in seven before we celebrate the bad form of others.

Have they had tougher start? We've both played spurs and arsenal and games against mid table sides? 

No way have they had a tougher start to the season than us nor any team

• Like 2

Â