Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I think the issue is that the fans think Ashley is taking money out of the club  rather than him not spending any. So they want him gone because they think a new owner might at least run the club at break even rather than taking money out. I don't know enough about the Newcastle finances to confirm, but I'd tend to believe the fans. Ashley is in it for himself, kind of like a fat Doug Ellis. 

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think the issue is that the fans think Ashley is taking money out of the club  rather than him not spending any. So they want him gone because they think a new owner might at least run the club at break even rather than taking money out. I don't know enough about the Newcastle finances to confirm, but I'd tend to believe the fans. Ashley is in it for himself, kind of like a fat Doug Ellis. 

Waiting for the new Mike Ashley Stand

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Waiting for the new Mike Ashley Stand

The sportsdirect.com stand brought to you in association with sports direct? I think they have four of those already, signs and all. 

The thing is that under beintez they were actually pretty shit and by far one of the worst teams to watch. One of the bottom teams for goals scored, shots per game, possession %, dribbles & short passes per game whilst having the highest amount of long balls played.

For 2 seasons they sat back & defended before hoofing the ball upfield in the hope that they could just about maintain their 1 goal scored per game average. Now their net spend might not be huge but they did actually spend 100 million on new signings in those 2 years.

Not really sure why any of their fans would actually be that arsed about Benitez going, Sure he stayed & got them up but despite ending up finishing in reasonable lower/mid table positions they have been pretty awful most weeks, Hell they didn't even win a game last season until November.

They only end up finishing as high up as they do because they scrape out results against teams that finish below them, Sure they get one win against the top 6 but they pick up most of their points from beating the bottom 6, some of them twice. ( 8 of their 12 wins were against the 7 teams that finished below them including 4 wins against the bottom 3. Do that & you will survive but it doesn't mean it is going to be pretty

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Straight away on MOTD the commentator states “they love a number 9 up here”.... it’s bloody pathetic, which team doesn’t like a goal scorer 

You’d love to hear it: «Of course, they hate a good number 9 here at Morecambe. Don’t care for it at all». 

It’s the worst cliche in football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

The thing is that under beintez they were actually pretty shit and by far one of the worst teams to watch. One of the bottom teams for goals scored, shots per game, possession %, dribbles & short passes per game whilst having the highest amount of long balls played.

For 2 seasons they sat back & defended before hoofing the ball upfield in the hope that they could just about maintain their 1 goal scored per game average. Now their net spend might not be huge but they did actually spend 100 million on new signings in those 2 years.

Not really sure why any of their fans would actually be that arsed about Benitez going, Sure he stayed & got them up but despite ending up finishing in reasonable lower/mid table positions they have been pretty awful most weeks, Hell they didn't even win a game last season until November.

They only end up finishing as high up as they do because they scrape out results against teams that finish below them, Sure they get one win against the top 6 but they pick up most of their points from beating the bottom 6, some of them twice. ( 8 of their 12 wins were against the 7 teams that finished below them including 4 wins against the bottom 3. Do that & you will survive but it doesn't mean it is going to be pretty

But his name is Rafa, and he won something 15 years ago! 

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Losing to Arsenal is no shame but that was a terrible Arsenal team except Aubameyang

Yep. Big chance blown by SB to get off to a decent start by taking point off Arsenal.

People understandbly making the point we faced weak Spurs team without Son, Dele Ali and their new signings but that Arsenal team was massively weakened. I'd have been disappointed if we've played them at home and lost with Calum Chambers, Willock and Reiss Nelson all starting.

Can't see Newcastle staying up.

11 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

But his name is Rafa, and he won something 15 years ago! 

He won the Championship on the first time of asking and kept them up twice. The former is something his successor has never achieved and we'll have to see on the latter but all signs are pointing to another x in that column.

12 hours ago, Michelsen said:

You’d love to hear it: «Of course, they hate a good number 9 here at Morecambe. Don’t care for it at all». 

It’s the worst cliche in football. 

It's dreadful isn't it.

It's because they love Alan Shearer, you know, the greatest goal scorer in premier league history. Any other club would probably not have warmed to a player like that in the same way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Can anyone see Fat Sam taking over by christmas?

would give us an opportunity to beat newcastle with him at the helm. for that reason, I'm all for it.

32 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

would give us an opportunity to beat newcastle with him at the helm. for that reason, I'm all for it.

Not sure even MA would re-appoint Sam after last time (where tbf he did a pretty good job, just not good enough for the fans at that time).

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not sure even MA would re-appoint Sam after last time (where tbf he did a pretty good job, just not good enough for the fans at that time).

Did ok, nothing special. Only manager that lost to Derby that season

Edited by Zatman

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did ok, nothing special. Only manager that lost to Derby that season 

Edited by Zatman

Â