Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

7 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Also, surely they could have found 2 bigger heroes than Ginola and Warren Barton for their poster?? 😂

You do realise that Barton has 3 England caps to his name!  In addition, Barton represented Newcastle United for Sky One's "Premier League All Stars". The match took place on 26 September 2007 and finished 3–3. In the resulting penalty shootout, Barton missed his penalty to knock Newcastle out of the tournament!!! 

That Ginola bloke I'm unclear on though? 

On 20/07/2019 at 09:17, StewieGriffin said:

Also, surely they could have found 2 bigger heroes than Ginola and Warren Barton for their poster?? 😂

Cant be that many bigger Newcastle heroes than Ginola, surely? He was one of the best wingers in the world when he was with them, in what was by far the best Newcastle side of the modern era.

I just saw this story that apparently originated  from mail on Sunday yesterday...

'An American hedge fund backed by Japanese investment giant SoftBank has been holding talks with the Dubai-based Bin Zayed Group which is interested in buying Newcastle United Football Club for between £300 million and £350 million.

It is believed Fortress Investment Group is one of a number of parties talking to Bin Zayed about providing expensive debt financing for a takeover of the Premier League club, owned by retail tycoon Mike Ashley.'

Fortress Investment Group is the company that Wesley Edens still has shares in and is still on their board and a co-chairman.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seems like that would be a major conflict of interest? 

As long as the terms of the loan repayment are met and Fortress never took control I couldn't see an issue.

If the buyer defaulted and they took control (much like Elliott Management at AC Milan) it could get interesting.

5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

As long as the terms of the loan repayment are met and Fortress never took control I couldn't see an issue.

If the buyer defaulted and they took control (much like Elliott Management at AC Milan) it could get interesting.

Might have to make them our feeder team then. Newcastle Villa

15 hours ago, useless said:

I just saw this story that apparently originated  from mail on Sunday yesterday...

'An American hedge fund backed by Japanese investment giant SoftBank has been holding talks with the Dubai-based Bin Zayed Group which is interested in buying Newcastle United Football Club for between £300 million and £350 million.

It is believed Fortress Investment Group is one of a number of parties talking to Bin Zayed about providing expensive debt financing for a takeover of the Premier League club, owned by retail tycoon Mike Ashley.'

Fortress Investment Group is the company that Wesley Edens still has shares in and is still on their board and a co-chairman.

Again, why are the "bin Zayed group" scratching around for backers to help fund a takeover when the main man is supposedly worth billions and connected to the royal family. 

Amazes me the press print this bullshit, and Newcastle fans always fall for it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I just think they have a bad squad.

Now that they lost Perez as well coupled with Ashley unwillingness to spend i think they will struggle.

Just agreed to sign a Brazilian striker for £40m so who knows.... 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Maybe Ashley didn't trust Rafa with money. As good a manager as he is, his moves last summer were laughable.

Remember when he got rid of Alonso and brought in Alberto Aquilaini? That went well. 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Maybe Ashley didn't trust Rafa with money. As good a manager as he is, his moves last summer were laughable.

I don't know how many of those players were actually Benitez signings, the Brazilian player they just spent £40million on has been linked to them before Bruce took over 

Â