Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Oh god, it's still sinking in, they are going to get Steve Bruce as manager. Nobody could have seen this coming 12 months ago - football is absolutely mental sometimes. And cruel - the geordies are wibbling wrecks, tweeting that maybe Bruce is just a caretaker till the takeover - meanwhile everyone good is sold. I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't so salty about us relegating them before. 

• Like 1

I don't know whether to feel sorry for the Wednesday fans or pleased for them, they were very positive about Bruce, as they thought there was a good chance that he'd get them promoted, now they're gutted it looks like he's leaving, some comparing the situation to when Atkinson came to us. Plus there's the fact that they let him have a couple of months off before he signed, now if this happens he'll be leaving them in the lurch in the middle of pre-season, so not the best way to repay the good faith they showed him in the beginning.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't know whether to feel sorry for the Wednesday fans or pleased for them, they were very positive about Bruce, as they thought there was a good chance that he'd get them promoted, now they're gutted it looks like he's leaving, some comparing the situation to when Atkinson came to us. Plus there's the fact that they let him have a couple of months off before he signed, now if this happens he'll be leaving them in the lurch in the middle of pre-season, so not the best way to repay the good faith they showed him in the beginning.

Surprising from such a stand up guy....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, useless said:

Wednesday have got a lucky escape. If I was them I'd be on the phone to chris hughton tonight.

As for Newcastle well this is just sheer madness. This is a disaster for them. Can't say I have much sympathy for them after they loved it when we were going though tough times.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Absolutely this - don't know why anyone should be surprised - he has form for this. The guy is a legend to himself and those around him.i rued the day he walked into VP and counted the days till he left. 

What a crazy world football really is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

F7WM.gif

Good gif!

He'll be better than he was here because they're expecting to lose every game and are praying for 17th. And they won't lose every game.

Look forward to the reaction to his results. I'm sure they'll be predicable from all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ASOWL said:

Have you lads still got that f.ookin' cabbage??

Its a bit older and moldy now, so all the better.

13 hours ago, useless said:

based on the shit they gave us on social media, they bought in to the yarn about his parents and us all being incredibly callous and hounding him out rather than letting him mourn, theres a massive element of I told you so

but at the same time I think they could have a lucky escape, he's not had the chance to do his thing in the transfer window

the interesting thing will be if he doesn't move if the whole thing has drained the good vibes from the fans and the grace that he had from the fans has gone with it, the shit football and ropey signings might piss them off a lot quicker now

Edited by villa4europe

6 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Big Sam turning them down is brilliant 😁

It's like Steptoe & Son trying to advertise for a cleaner. 

If you like coach travel,  losing away, the M6 & arriving Newcastle,  which is at 2.00 / 3.00 am is a vibrant and vomit covered landscape every other Sunday morning then this is the job for you.  words removed,  hope it all goes wrong.  If they get a new coach driver I hope he is good but slightly hesitant at pulling out of junctions so this all adds days of travel overall throughout the season as well.

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

This.

Not sure why anyone believes the hype about him being a decent fella and a nice guy. He isn't  - he has and will always do what is best for Steve Bruce and has form for leaving clubs in the lurch when it suits him and his constant blaming of everyone else but himself for his shortcomings is laughable. The way he attacked the supporters and claimed hysteria was completely classless. As someone else mentioned,  McCleish got much more abuse due to the Blues connection and the even worse football but was always decent and respectful to the club and fans. All Steve cares about is "Brand Bruce" - for some reason, the thick, pathetic sporting "journalists" in this country lap it up and promote the illusion. 

Crap manager (Vs. his undeserved reputation) and classless bloke full stop. Perfect match for Newcastle. Sheffield have had a lucky escape.

• Like 3

He actually let a bunch of their players go who had come to the end of their contracts, including George Boyd and Gary Hooper, players that another manager might have wanted to keep, he's also signed three players, again money thant another manager might have preferred to use differently.

Â