Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

In the six seasons before Ashley took over Newcastle in June 2007 they finished 4th, 3rd, 5th,  14th, 7th and 13th.

In twelve years since they've been relegated twice, finished 15th in 14/15 when they were still in danger of going down on the final day and finished 16th in 12/13.

I'm not saying they should be regulars in top 6 as like us that is a bit of a pipe dream but they certainly should be regular top half finishers, they've barely played in europe last decade and done little in the cups (something Ashley has admitted he isn't bothered about).

Grabbed this from Reddit I think

1B5C7230-7280-4370-A3DE-59D27C9C150E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just saw that Potato Head is being linked with the Newcastle job.  To go from Rafa/Oil Money to a broke Cabbage within a few weeks.  hahaha

I almost feel bad...  But then again, I don't.  

On 07/07/2019 at 18:40, MickeyC_UTV said:

Grabbed this from Reddit I think

1B5C7230-7280-4370-A3DE-59D27C9C150E.jpeg

Although Mike Ashley can't be defended, and Although I can't stand Newcastle. 

But the stats it's a bit tricky, as prior to Mike Ashley, there were no Man City, Tottenham and Chelsea weren't the ones we know now. It was only top 3 (actually top 2, with Liverpool behind them).

Teams like us, Everton and the barcodes used to find it easy to stay up, well to stay top 10. PL wasn't like it is today. The quality has changed a lot. You could establish as a top 10 club. But once you get it wrong you might suffer and play for survival.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

But the stats it's a bit tricky, as prior to Mike Ashley, there were no Man City, Tottenham and Chelsea weren't the ones we know now. It was only top 3 (actually top 2, with Liverpool behind them).

Teams like us, Everton and the barcodes used to find it easy to stay up, well to stay top 10. PL wasn't like it is today. The quality has changed a lot. You could establish as a top 10 club. But once you get it wrong you might suffer and play for survival.

Chelsea were premier league winners in 2005 and 2006. I'd suggest they were stronger back then than they are now, as were Arsenal and Man Utd. Spurs were top 5 in both seasons prior to Ashley buying Newcastle. Sure, Man City weren't competitive, but Everton were.

Any way you look at it, Newcastle have declined under Ashley, and a lot of the blame for that can be laid on... Mike Ashley.

5 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Chelsea were premier league winners in 2005 and 2006. I'd suggest they were stronger back then than they are now, as were Arsenal and Man Utd. Spurs were top 5 in both seasons prior to Ashley buying Newcastle. Sure, Man City weren't competitive, but Everton were.

Any way you look at it, Newcastle have declined under Ashley, and a lot of the blame for that can be laid on... Mike Ashley.

I mean before Abramovic era. Spurs were ok but they were on par with Us, Everton (well, slightly better). But thr whole circumstances were different. If we had NSWE by they we would have easily went to the CL.

The toon getting around top 4 is a great achive, but its most likely on par with what the dingles are doing. Probably dingles are run better but the circumstances can’t help at all which needs hell of work.

On 06/07/2019 at 00:04, VillaChris said:

It was more 10-15 years ago when they were signing likes of Owen and also the return of Keegan. They were getting more press for then finishing 12th or 14th than we got for finishing 6th that couple of seasons.

All died a death with their relegations, now it's just what Mike Ashley does or frequently dosen't. Their lax approach to actually appointing a new manager says it all.

I do get the impression though Newcastle fans enjoying beating us more than majority of other clubs due to our laughing at them twice going down at VP.

We'd do exactly the same thing if roles were reversed.

Instead, we're in the position of wanting to do well against/disliking Newcastle because they dislike us because we laughed at them (twice) being relegated at VP.

Football fans :detect: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrDuck said:

the problem being they're declining from a purple patch rather than declining from their natural footing, arguably inevitable, the 3 years prior to him buying them they had finished 13th, 7th and 14th in the league, played in Europe 3 times but twice thanks to the intertoto and reached 1 FA cup semi final, that graphic makes them look a lot better than what they were, the top four finishes were over 5 years before Ashley and when they still had shearer's goals

I personally would pitch them around 10th in the PL, when we were in the PL pre lerner's meltdown my barometer for villa was usually everton, Newcastle's to me is west ham and they were 7 points off them last year

It's the perfect job.

3 year contract, 3 months at the job and then the sack and compo.

Then a couple of months off for golf and then a new job at some desperate club trying to avoid the drop.

Then repeat...

Can see any number of the usual suspects being up for this gig.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

Just now, sne said:

It's the perfect job.

3 year contract, 3 months at the job and then the sack and compo.

Then a couple of months off for golf and then a new job at some desperate club trying to avoid the drop.

The repeat...

Can see any number of the usual suspects being up for this gig.

Not to mention he can, once again, use the excuse that he used to manage "that lot down the road", and that's why Newcastle aren't happy at his 17 games without a goal.

Bloody hysteria!

• Like 2

Â