Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Steve Bruce name was actually linked, he'd resign straight away from Sheff Weds if that interest is genuine.

Would love to see the reaction he'd get at VP.

sure the first press conference would be about how he managed that lot down the road and get that excuse in early ;)

12 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

What happened to the supposed takeover? Wasn’t it close at one point?

Ha! They have a "supposed takeover" pretty much every season! Pretty sure it's just Ashley trolling the fans.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AJ said:

it would not be surprising if it was revealed that Mike Ashley actually hates football.

I am sure its been mentioned before he isnt really a fan of the sport 

On 25/06/2019 at 10:30, Demitri_C said:

Raneri interested. Another disaster. 

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How?

Flopped at Nantes

Flopped at Fulham

Flopped at Roma

And add before leicester he absolutely destroyed our Greece team and made us a complete and utter laughing stock.

You know I like you Dem but Ranieiri is no Failure.

Not sure what happened with Nantes..

Roma had been struggling prior.

And Fulham called him in and expected a miracle.

If Ashley was not so much of an arsehole and actually delivered to managers his bullshit promises then Ranieri would see that as a great job.. or anyone worth their salt.

It's basically a blank canvas still, Rafa was working miracles with players no **** has ever heard of on a shoestring budget for years and I am suprised he stuck it out as long as he did.

Newcastle have had more takeovers going than a Formula 1 season and they are a joke of a club just like Birmingham City thanks to how they are ran.

Edit: - Sorry, my bad - Birmingham will always be a joke of a club no matter what!

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You know I like you Dem but Ranieiri is no Failure.

Not sure what happened with Nantes..

Roma had been struggling prior.

And Fulham called him in and expected a miracle.

Nantes: Ranieri got them their highest Ligue 1 points haul since 2003/04, I don't know how that can be deemed a failure.

In his time at Roma his points per game record, over a 38 game season, would've had Roma finish 3rd. Again, I just don't see that as a failure.

Fulham - you could've given anyone that job and they'd have "failed". They were just doomed, terrible at the back with a keeper with less than no confidence.

Besides, Ashley too busy buying derelect buildings for his empire outside of football.

He has apparantly recently purchased a huge retail building in Corby, Northants.

It used to be a massive Littlewoods/Index that also includes a cafe and kitchens, then TJ Hughes took the building on and then it's sat empty for the last 9 years nearly.

So looking like a huge Sports Direct opening or a HOF Discount store within the next 12 months.

Can you imagine a clown like this running Villa??

the thing with ashley is that despite his Pantomime villain routine outside of football ownership he is a very smart businessman and despite the attempts at publicity as a football owner sitting in the crowd looking laddish etc he's supposed to be quite introverted

when he does eventually sell and pockets around 200m (plus whatever cream he's taken off over the years) he will have done very well for himself

I don't know if "clown" is fair, think he's more just of an asshole in it for himself, he knows exactly what he's doing 

and as I typed that I couldn't help but think of our previous owner (except for the introverted bit) doug "loved the villa" but he did a pretty similar thing to us

Edited by villa4europe

For all Newcaste fans' moaning about Ashley, I'm not even sure if he's even done that bad of a job with them. Both times they were relegated he got them straight back up, and now they're a comfortable mid table side, and yes they've lost Benitez, but Ashley was the one that brought him to the club in the first place,. I don't know the state of their finances, but I'd imagine they're okay in that department as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

For all Newcaste fans' moaning about Ashley, I'm not even sure if he's even done that bad of a job with them. Both times they were relegated he got them straight back up, and now they're a comfortable mid table side, and yes they've lost Benitez, but Ashley was the one that brought him to the club in the first place,. I don't know the state of their finances, but I'd imagine they're okay in that department as well.

Biggest mistake he made was giving the fans what they wanted. Keegan, then Shearer.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Biggest mistake he made was giving the fans what they wanted. Keegan, then Shearer.

He was trying to be too buddy buddy to the crowd and not run it as a business. Similar to Xia except Ashley has actual money

The problem with Newcastle is the Myth that it is a big club.

Yes they have 50000 passionate fans which is incredible in a town of approx 300000 but elsewhere???

Geordies are mad.They haven’t won a trophy for 50 years yet each season they get upset because they aren’t challenging!

I think Ashley has looked after the club quite well tbf.

• Like 1

Â