Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Mourinho isn't even that bad of a manager. Very similar to Benitez actually, would be a massive coup for a club like Newcastle.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They better not try come in for smith

They thought of Mike Ashley paying compensation for a manager.

It will be someone out of work. Jose will be linked, a few decent names will be linked.

They will sign up Howard Wilkinson or Peter Reid.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is their takeover actually happening then? The last I heard it sounded like it was a load of fantasists spinning a delusion, but I admit I haven't been following the story at all. 

You mean the takeover by a multi billionaire sheikh who has tried to buy clubs before and labelled a fantasist/chancer

Good news for us as this adds an extra club to the relegation mix. They were safe as houses if they kept Benitez. I imagine Almiron and Longstaff will be flogged too. Feel sorry for them, with that parasitic scumbag in charge.

Mourinho's last full season in the Premier league with United they finished on 81 points, which in a lot of seasons would have been enough to win them the title, including the season when Leicester won it, and that with a United squad that many say isn't that great. He'd do just as well with the current Newcastle squad as Benitez did, if not better, not that I think he'll go there.

22 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

You mean the takeover by a multi billionaire sheikh who has tried to buy clubs before and labelled a fantasist/chancer

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I thought he was well-known as a timewaster, but as I say I haven't been paying much attention.

What am I reading? Mourinho, Wenger? No this is newcastle. Doesn't matter how good they once were. Look at the club now. No quality manager will take this job with Ashley in charge. Newcastle's squad is pretty poor, and the only reason they are in the premier league still is due to Benitez. No manager will come in and do better than Rafa did especially because they won't get funding.

Houghton, Monk, and Hudson are more realistic hires. If they manage to get Houghton, they should count themselves lucky. I really think it will be some championship manager. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Mourinho would be a great appointment for them.

Which is exactly why they'll end up appointing Garry Monk

I doubt Mourinho would even entertain working under Mike Ashley and the budgets involved

According to sky they are talking to a ram grant..... 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Mourinho would be a great appointment for them.

Which is exactly why they'll end up appointing Garry Monk

Can see Joe Kinnear getting wheeledout again

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

The bottom end of the league isn't great. Finishing above the 3 clubs that went down this season is something any below average club with a below average manager should achieve IMO. And Newcastle/Rafa aren't below average.

Eh. His job at Chelsea was overrated, Sarri did better and gets criticised. Finishing 5th with Napoli seems to go unnoticed, that's an abysmal season when the big names of Serie A were struggling too. Again, Sarri outdid him. 

His Championship signings were very good, and while he hasn't been given a tonne to spend, his Premier League signings have been poor.

He's been successful everywhere.  Won the Europa League with Chelsea and Napoli, won the Championship with Newcastle.

The comparison with Sarri - who has just landed two of the biggest jobs in football, in a row - is weird and I don't really understand it.  Benitez is a very good manager, irrespective of what Sarri does.  (That said, Sarri didn't win any trophies at Napoli).

Â