Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Exactly. They are a well supported club i’ll give them that, but way overhyped. 

As stated beforehand they only really have Sunderland and boro as teams around them who are half big clubs. It’s not like the midlands where you have like ten clubs

• Like 1

On 11/06/2019 at 21:04, Zatman said:

Genuinely dont get the praise or hate for Newcastle. They arent world beaters but never actually claim to be just shitty media hype. Great entertainment though

I don't really mind them to be honest, except for this bizarre suggestion you get every now and then that they are the only club in the country who enjoy a goal-scoring number 9 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't really mind them to be honest, except for this bizarre suggestion you get every now and then that they are the only club in the country who enjoy a goal-scoring number 9 🤦‍♂️

Don’t forget the suggestion that Newcastle supporters also “pay good money” to see their team.

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I did a maths project at school probably 20 years ago where I worked out distances between football clubs as the crow flies (before excel and google maps)

the nearest club to them this season is huddersfield, 200km and nearly 3 hours away

3 hours from villa is 75% of the league, 2 hours from Birmingham are all 5 of the countries biggest clubs

our city leaks like a sieve when it comes to supporting other teams, and that's before you throw in the fact we have 5 teams in our region, Newcastle as a city simply doesn't do it in the same way, you can throw in demographics and immigration and all sorts of factors as to why but it is factual, they are an island in football terms

They've got the best catchment area in British football. The only other club which comes close is Sunderland. 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What’s going on with their takeover ?

As I said at the time. Was never a takeover option

Rafe has 2 weeks left of his contract. Dont be surprised if they in the shit next season 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

As I said at the time. Was never a takeover option

Rafe has 2 weeks left of his contract. Dont be surprised if they in the shit next season 

Makes you wonder the rumoured psg takeover for Leeds are not looking at Newcastle 

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They reached the desired number of season ticket sales and knocked it on the head for another year 

Yep, like I said earlier in the thread, it's an almost annual occurrence now.

Expect the same stories in May 2020

On 12/06/2019 at 23:48, The_Rev said:

They've got the best catchment area in British football. The only other club which comes close is Sunderland. 

Exactly, 

Similar distance between us and Coventry City. Imagine no Wolves, WBA, Blues or Walsall (they'd all be Villa fans) - We'd need the biggest stadium in the world if we had a catchment area like Newcastle have 

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Exactly, 

Similar distance between us and Coventry City. Imagine no Wolves, WBA, Blues or Walsall (they'd all be Villa fans) - We'd need the biggest stadium in the world if we had a catchment area like Newcastle have 

It really surprised me when I found out that the distance between Newcastle and Boro, the club most would say are the Geordie’s “other derby” is nearly 40 miles.

It would be like saying that our other local derby would be...well, Derby County.

More than that really. Liverpool is a three and a half hour drive. Manchester is a three hour drive. It's closer to Edinburgh than it is to Leeds. Even Middlesbrough is fully an hour down the road. If you live up there and you want to go to the football it really is Newcastle, Sunderland or spending six to eight hours in the car.  

On 02/06/2019 at 08:06, Rugeley Villa said:

You have to get back to the 50s to when they last won a major honour. Hyped up club. 

Up there with West Ham as probably the most overrated club in English football. 

• Like 1

Â