Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

*cough* renew your season tickets quick *cough*

even if it was true I cant see it being anywhere near the scale of man city's owners are trying to do, they've set that project up, they've got the plan for the future, they've got teams in all the different corners of the globe with Abu Dhabi in the centre, established all the brand associations and started to grow their other businesses and tourism they just now need time for domination and global fanbase growth*

not sure where adding a rival PL team comes in to it

*I still believe that for all the hyperbole citys owners, PSG's owners, the owners of fly emirates, have all piled a ton of money in to football for a purpose that isn't blindingly obvious, growth of the airlines alone must be worth some return but im not sure on the value of the aviation industry, they're benefitting somewhere somehow rather than this "plaything" tag, man city aren't the monty burns softball team they're made out to be

Funnily enough the talk seems to have cooled somewhat.

Like Zatman said, this is almost an annual occurrence for Newcastle. I'll believe it when it happens.

On 27/05/2019 at 11:30, villalad21 said:

Omg, Newcastle will be sold to the cousins of the owners of Man City. That can't be good.

Benitez with money is kind of scary, he is a good manager.

They tried to buy Liverpool a few years ago, journos on twitter saying they are time wasters and chancers, they aren't royalty or related to royalty and the main man certainly isn't a billionaire. 

4 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

They tried to buy Liverpool a few years ago, journos on twitter saying they are time wasters and chancers, they aren't royalty or related to royalty and the main man certainly isn't a billionaire. 

I hope that's true be hilarious 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope that's true be hilarious 

Search for nick Harris on twitter @sportingintel 

Matt law is also suggesting it's a load of bollocks

On 27/05/2019 at 22:17, Zatman said:

what rivalry?

Exactly.  Mutual relegation-inspired schadenfreude does not a rivalry make.

• Like 1

So this multi billion buy out has gone quiet, nothing at all from Newcastle on the PR front and the supposed buyers are saying they have provided proof of funds to the PL.

As I posted yesterday with the link to people itk, when wealthy people buy football clubs the first you here of it is when it's done, (us xia and NSWE) were all done under the radar, abromovich at Chelsea, the Abu Dhabi buy out at man City. All done before the media got wind of anything. 

Or has the deal gone quiet cus Mike Ashley is trying to sell them a pair of Lonsdale shorts at 2 for a fiver and sports direct mug and bag for a quid each? 

The missus works with a Newcastle fan, and he said to me a couple of weeks ago that he doesn't understand why I'd even bother supporting a championship club that never wins any trophies. 🤨🤣

9 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

The missus works with a Newcastle fan, and he said to me a couple of weeks ago that he doesn't understand why I'd even bother supporting a championship club that never wins any trophies. 🤨🤣

He must be getting confused with our Neighbours.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Just a like a Premier league club that never wins anything period eh? 😂 

• 2 weeks later...

What’s have they been up to? To be honest, its one of the most teams I hate to lose to. Yet we still can’t beat them.

Last time we’ve win against them was 2011 when Collins score, it was my second game at Villa Park.

We’ve beaten Liverpool 3 times, Arsenal twice, Chelsea twice, Man City once and Spurs once. 

We just can’t beat the mighty Newcastle and Man Utd.

But we have a good habit, is that we’re experienced in getting them down. 

I remember the year we went down, we had a run of 10 games. I’ve told my friends that ai don’t mind losing 9 of them as we don’t have a chance, if losing those would mean forcing Newcastle to lose points and getting them down with us! That was the highlight of the season. Strangely they were the only team not to beat us that season lol.

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

What’s have they been up to? To be honest, its one of the most teams I hate to lose to. Yet we still can’t beat them.

Last time we’ve win against them was 2011 when Collins score, it was my second game at Villa Park.

We’ve beaten Liverpool 3 times, Arsenal twice, Chelsea twice, Man City once and Spurs once. 

We just can’t beat the mighty Newcastle and Man Utd.

But we have a good habit, is that we’re experienced in getting them down. 

I remember the year we went down, we had a run of 10 games. I’ve told my friends that ai don’t mind losing 9 of them as we don’t have a chance, if losing those would mean forcing Newcastle to lose points and getting them down with us! That was the highlight of the season. Strangely they were the only team not to beat us that season lol.

We can as we relegated them ??

On 02/06/2019 at 13:06, Rugeley Villa said:

You have to get back to the 50s to when they last won a major honour. Hyped up club. 

I always wonder why they get such hype as being a massive club. It's literally because they have quite a lot of fans, and they came close to winning the league 25 years ago.

We won most of our honours before the first world war. But even then, since Newcastle last won a major honour, we've won an FA Cup, 5 league cups, a league title, a european cup and a european super cup.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I always wonder why they get such hype as being a massive club. It's literally because they have quite a lot of fans, and they came close to winning the league 25 years ago.

We won most of our honours before the first world war. But since Newcastle last won a major honour, we've won an FA Cup, 5 league cups, a league title, a european cup and a european super cup.

Exactly. They are a well supported club i’ll give them that, but way overhyped. 

3 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

By drawing with them. 😬

When they went down 2009, we’ve beaten them 4-2. But since then we’ve beaten them only once!

Nope was 1-0 with an own goal

• Like 1

Â