Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They're just happy to lie down and curl up into a ball against the big teams and hope they have mercy on them. 

They did beat Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal second half of last season at home.

I do think a bit of context is needed regarded their start as they'd obviously looked to their home games for points and first three have been Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. They would've beaten Cardiff if Kenedy wasn't an idiot which was their one real winnable game this season.

Long term to me they should have better prospects than say huddersfield who've had two decent home games v Palace and Cardiff and only managed a point. I doubt they'd have lost at home v Wolves or Bournemouth as West Ham have done either.

Problem is there's so much negativity around them with the owner people will just look at where they are now and assume that's how it will stay rest of the season.

On 27/08/2018 at 22:43, AvfcRigo82 said:

That is a fair comment and whilst I feel if he was backed by the chairman more they would have had a bit more attacking threat to them, As it stands he is having to make do with what he has and he is doing a remarkable job considering.

I feel we would be seeing a different Newcastle HAD he been given significant backing and I feel they would be more of an attacking threat then what they can currently deliver.

Benitez has always been a pragmatic manager. His Valencia team were successful but built from the back with the magnificent Roberto Ayala.

Remember all the endless debates about how stifiled his Liverpool teams just the one striker usually in Torres and hard workers on the wing like Kuyt. This is when they had peak Gerrard and Torres in the final third yet completely different style to how Klopp plays.

Liverpool always tended to draw too many games under him to ever really challenge for the league although they went very close in 08/09.

Even with Newcastle down here I don't think they were as free flowing as likes of Wolves and Fulham but obviously had that quality in the final third from likes of Gayle.

It was the style I was expecting from Steve Bruce funnily enough.

Horrible fixtures to start the season but they haven't been completely overwhelmed by anyone.

Drew 0-0 against Cardiff playing with 10 men for the last 30 minutes but that is the only game they have failed to score in.

The Spurs, Chelsea, City & Arsenal games have all finished 2-1 so it's not like they are getting smashed and many teams will end up on far worse scorelines than that against those 4 teams and despite the horrible fixtures they have the best goal difference of the bottom 6 and that includes Fulham who have won a game 4-2. They will be fine.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Anyone reckon they'll manage to equal our 17 points from the season we went down?

I read this and thought nah not a chance, but after looking up there squad it now wouldn't surprise me now

They have nothing up front, swapping gayle who has pace and scores every now and then for rondon who does neither

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Anyone reckon they'll manage to equal our 17 points from the season we went down?

I read this and thought nah not a chance, but after looking up there squad it now wouldn't surprise me now

They have nothing up front, swapping gayle who has pace and scores every now and then for rondon who does neither

They deserve to be relegated due to that tosspot that runs the club.

The manager's hands have been tied for nearly 2 seasons now and worked a miracle up until now.

They will be in the shit more so combined when Rafa leaves them and they get relegated.

42 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They deserve to be relegated due to that tosspot that runs the club.

The manager's hands have been tied for nearly 2 seasons now and worked a miracle up until now.

They will be in the shit more so combined when Rafa leaves them and they get relegated.

Ashley type of guy that will sack Rafa and bring in Bruce as he is cheap :lol:

• 6 months later...
54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently about to be taken over by the cousin of man city's stinking rich owners 

Eh this is a yearly takeover story and Ashley always ends up in charge. Last year was richest woman in England 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Eh this is a yearly takeover story and Ashley always ends up in charge. Last year was richest woman in England 

Seems to have a bit more to it this time. 

Â