Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I take it the 'You're' that you refer to is me @Stevo985:)

Let me clear this up for you. - Had you read my original post correctly you would have maybe understood it better?

On 28/12/2017 at 21:56, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think he wants to stay and see out what he was originally brought in to do and seeing a potential takeover on the horizon might be what is keeping him.

On 28/12/2017 at 22:08, AvfcRigo82 said:

Still defintely a manager I would pay £6m release clause if he was willing to come here.

- The logic you refer to was me spelling out to you an example that nothing is impossible in football like you conclude it to be - JT being that example of how things happen in football when people didn't originally ever think we would be a team he would have looked at.

- not the logic you have wrongly perceived and misunderstood to be that "just cause Terry signed for us, means Rafa will as well" like you are trying to imply. 

You might understand my posts one day without taking them out of context.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Corrected

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I take it the 'You're' that you refer to is me @Stevo985:)

Let me clear this up for you. - Had you read my original post correctly you would have maybe understood it better?

- The logic you refer to was me spelling out to you an example that nothing is impossible in football like you conclude it to be - JT being that example of how things happen in football when people didn't originally ever think we would be a team he would have looked at.

- not the logic you have wrongly perceived and misunderstood to be that "just cause Terry signed for us, means Rafa will as well" like you are trying to imply. 

You might understand my posts one day without taking them out of context.

I understood it perfectly. I said the logic you used was because something unlikely happened, something else unlikely CAN happen. 

I never said will. That’s you misunderstanding my post and taking it out of context ;) 

You've confirmed as much in your post above. Yet that logic is flawed. Especially when Terry signing for us was way WAY more likely than Rafa becoming our manager. The two things have no correlation.

Again I admire your passion in your quest to convince us all that this is possible. But you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Rafa Benitez will not be our manager while we’re in the Championship. 

Edited by Stevo985

11 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Possibly.. You might need to wait 5 years though when he is near the end of his career and he might just then want to actively look for a step down and a challenge at a lower level?

He will probably sign for someone like Newcastle though who are deemed to have became a much bigger club than we are apparantly?

- If they can convince champions league winning managers to stay with them whilst in the championship then anything is indeed possible. ;)

There is more chance in getting Messi in 5 years time than Rafa Benitez joining us as manager this season, I agree.

And yes, Newcastle are a more attractive proposition than us currently. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Again I admire your passion in your quest to convince us all that this is possible. But you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Like our current manager seems to be doing with us.

- In my own convincing opinion of course.  ;)

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Grammar correction

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This isn’t a discussion about our current manager. 

Correct.

I have changed it from looking like a question leading to encouraging it to a further debate and taking the thread off topic, to a full stop marking it now as a statement of opinion instead.

My apologies if you felt misled.

I didnt think newcastle would be in a relegation fight but they are struggling.if i was rafa id resign he could get another premier league role quite easily.

If newcastle take over dorsnt happy and they are stuck with Ashley they could go down again.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I didnt think newcastle would be in a relegation fight but they are struggling.if i was rafa id resign he could get another premier league role quite easily.

If newcastle take over dorsnt happy and they are stuck with Ashley they could go down again.

It just shows the gulf in the premier league between the haves and have nots. 

Rafa is a very good manager but he has no chance at a team like Newcastle any more. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant news (if true).

Give it a week when Ashley announces Rafa's January budget as £0!  :crylaugh:

See what transpires as I read somewhere else yesterday that AS was going back to table a bid of £300m. Time will tell.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

They haven’t enough time to fund the window, loans only apparently. Without the window they will need a miracle to stay up, Rafa or no Rafa. And no way would a buyer come in with big money with that looming, Ashley would rather take the 100mill tv cash and start again. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If people genuinely want Rafa here then you'd better hope he hangs around Newcastle until the Summer at least.

I don't see Rafa coming to Villa, even as a PL club. I think after this job at Newcastle he'll want another job with an elite club.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don't see Rafa coming to Villa, even as a PL club. I think after this job at Newcastle he'll want another job with an elite club.

I don't either.

But he DEFINITELY won't come her when we're a Championship club. So if he leaves Newcastle this month he'll be more than likely unavailable by the Summer, when we'll hopefully be a Premier League club and have a small chance of attracting him.

But yeah I agree, I think the chances of him coming here, even if we do make it to the Prem, are incredibly slim.

Â