Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

He's a talented footballer but yes his temperament or lack of it has messed up his career at key moments.

He was breaking through at Liverpool when he got sent off v Man.United and tried to take on Fergie on the touchline. :lol:

Had a good season at Swansea but got booked about 12 times and they just got tired of his ill-discipline.

• 1 month later...

In keeping with the title of this thread. :)

BBC

_98110208_042139210.jpg

An "unfortunate error" in subtitling led to Newcastle United being labelled "black and white scum" during the BBC's Match of the Day 2 programme.

Commentator Guy Mowbray said Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge had scored five goals against the black and whites.

But software confused the word "comma", spoken by a subtitler, and put "scum" into the on-screen text.

The BBC said the error was spotted and corrected immediately.

It was noticed by football writer Paul Brown, who tweeted a screenshot from the show on Sunday night, saying "MOTD2 subtitler evidently not a Newcastle fan."

During the commentary Guy Mowbray said: "Sturridge has scored in all four of his previous Premier League starts at Newcastle. For the Reds against the black and whites, he boasts five goals in five appearances."

Football commentary is re-voiced for subtitles by someone known as a "respeaker".

A BBC spokeswoman said: "Our live subtitling service is normally very accurate and makes our content much more accessible, but there are times when unfortunate errors occur.

"On this occasion the error was spotted and corrected immediately."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ashley wants to sell up now apparently. 

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley officially puts the club up for sale

Mike Ashley has officially announced his intention to sell Newcastle and his lawyer has confirmed that he is keen to conclude a sale before Christmas. 

Ashley took over at St James' Park in 2007 after paying around £134m to acquire 100 per cent of the club's shares but told Sky Sports in August that he was unable to compete with owners at the likes of Manchester City.

Now, in an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Andrew Henderson of Dentons, who is the lawyer for Ashley's company St James' Holdings, said there was a feeling that "all that can be done has been done" and that it may be time for a change going forward.

As such, Ashley has announced his intention to sell Newcastle after 10 years in charge.

"There has obviously been a lot of press speculation about Mike's intentions towards the club. I think that there is a view that over the years there has been a considerable investment, perhaps a feeling that all that can be done has been done," Henderson told Sky Sports.

"So it is probably just a recognition that it might be time for a change.

"Our intentions at the moment are to see if the club can be brought forward into new ownership by potentially Christmas.

"That would allow for a period for serious interested parties to put themselves forward, for a diligence process to carry on, and then hopefully by Christmas for a sale to conclude with the sort of flexibility around terms we have discussed.

"If that weren't possible then there is no desire to sell the club for any price to anyone. There is a lot of responsibility that goes with owning the football club so we would then look at that at the relevant time.

"That's the objective but nobody has a crystal ball so nobody can say for sure what happens and when."

Henderson also confirmed that there is an opportunity for those who are perhaps interested in acquiring the club to potentially buy over a period of time.

"I think back to the question of price, it will depend on what somebody is prepared to pay for the club," he said.

"Football clubs have a scarcity value, nobody is making 150-year-old football clubs with the kind of traditions that Newcastle United have so obviously there is value there but then in terms of what the number is that will be dictated by how many people, how many serious people are interested, how many serious people can deliver and so we then get to how long will that take, how long do we give them.

"I think that is a matter for negotiation but certainly not all in year one so that's how we would be approaching it."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11084133/newcastle-owner-mike-ashley-officially-puts-the-club-up-for-sale

On 10/16/2017 at 21:08, villa89 said:

I wonder how much of a profit Mike will make from the sale. Will he have made a loss overall in his ten years? The price tag of 350m-400m suggests not. 

Industry experts reckon true value is closer to £200m, though...

So there is talk that the potential buyer interested in Newcastle has a wealth of £28bn, which if Mike Ashley wanted to give something back to the city he has robbed blind he would get this deal done sharpish, just like Randy did.

Mike Ashley being the utter scumbag word removed he is though, will see to the highest bidder, regardless of their intentions or backing.

So Newcastle fans, do not get your hopes up.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

So there is talk that the potential buyer interested in Newcastle has a wealth of £28bn, which if Mike Ashley wanted to give something back to the city he has robbed blind he would get this deal done sharpish, just like Randy did.

Mike Ashley being the utter scumbag word removed he is though, will see to the highest bidder, regardless of their intentions or backing.

I dont think she has that muxh wealth from what i read just that she has helped deals to total that number and has her hands in a lot of different pies

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

No, she manages funds worth that much huge difference between that and the above.

Not sure on what basis you say Ashley has “robbed blind” Newcastle, sure he hasn’t put huge amounts of cash in but I’m not sure he has taken large amounts out either.

As for Lerner, let’s not make out he was in any way bothered about the fans. He sold to whoever he could first chance he got.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 23:23, Genie said:

Not sure you’d want to get involved in football club ownership in the premier league now. 4 CL spots and already 6/7 ‘’major“ teams fighting for them. Why be the 8th? 

Newcastle have stopped competing in cup competitions under MA. A new regime that does the opposite will quickly get the favour of the supporters.

19 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The font of knowledge Garth crooks has said he could see Benitez managing Newcastle to title winners :clap:

I've felt for at least half a decade now that the BBC are torturing Garth Crooks by spotlighting his idiocy so vividly. It's beyond cruel. He should be guided to a loving-but-firm forced retirement, and frankly it should have happened years ago. 

The whole nation is watching the man unravel, and it's frankly cruel to witness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've felt for at least half a decade now that the BBC are torturing Garth Crooks by spotlighting his idiocy so vividly. It's beyond cruel. He should be guided to a loving-but-firm forced retirement, and frankly it should have happened years ago. 

The whole nation is watching the man unravel, and it's frankly cruel to witness. 

I said it before I remember the time he had Cuellar in his team of the week. He came on as a sub in 92nd minute :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Â