Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

13 hours ago, tinker said:

£400m, Watkins,  Mings, McGinn and Martinez. Covered  by  a 1 corner flag sponsorship deal  for £500m, go to court if you dare. English courts lol......welcome to UK justice .

( at least this will show the general public how twisted UK law is )

Newcastle will win the league within 5 years and the champions league as well, probably before the league. Man cities owners will quit.  

I think we could see some quit....lets hope its not ours.

23 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Why would you assume that? Looks like wishful thinking to me.

They are not stupid and will hire clever people to advise them. They would also learned the lessons watching how City and PSG approached it. Their plan will be as good as ours, with added financial and political clout of Saudi state behind it.

I would expect them to have well thought out, long term plan. Looking to break into current top 4 within 5-10 years.

They will start by buying top talent at inflated prices until a cresendo is met, where the attraction of playing for Newcastle, will take over in time.......................just like what happened at City...Robinho was the initial trophy signing and then they all started coming.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Before he disappears 😲

Yeah The Guardian will not be on their good list considering they've also just published some more stuff about the Panama and Paradise papers showing The Saudi royal family having their bloody hands in that jar too. Then again so does both the PSG and Man City owners...

Linked to 21 different players today including Tarkowski, Lingard and Mbappe😂

Media think they will splash 190 million in January. Maybe we can sell them Anwar for 45 million and Trez for 50

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

They will start by buying top talent at inflated prices until a cresendo is met, where the attraction of playing for Newcastle, will take over in time.......................just like what happened at City...Robinho was the initial trophy signing and then they all started coming.

Praying for a Robinho like signing who doesn’t actually know who he’s committing too and getting them mixed up having watched the Sunderland Amazon series 😂

I’m order for Newcastle to get where they want to go in the next few years, they will probably have to do some creative accounting for FFP. It’ll become pointless to even have FFP. I wonder if the likes of City, Utd and Chelsea, who were so behind it in the first place, will try to get it scrapped so that they can keep up with Newcastle’s spending power.

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The solution is simple. Get John Carew to work his magic on the Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund - all $1.3 trillion of it!

If Norway bought a club it would be Liverpool 🤮

49 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Praying for a Robinho like signing who doesn’t actually know who he’s committing too and getting them mixed up having watched the Sunderland Amazon series 😂

People seem to either genuinely underestimate the Consortium or prefer to live in denial.

They have the most resources at their disposal to hire the right people to come up with a right plan and the luxury of hindsight looking at the mistakes City made initially.

They already confirmed that they not looking for immediate success, but the project is long term, get to the top within 5-10 years. They won’t be signing crippled players like Bale or Coutinho.

I can see them following a 2 phase plan:

Phase 1 (about 3 years)

Hire a young, ambitious manager like Gerrard or Potter that fits their current level. Keep signing  young talent in £20-40m bracket. All these while inflating their commercial revenue and rebuilding their infrastructure.

Phase 2 (about 3 to 4 years from now)

With top class infrastructures and commercial revenues inflated, go for top class manager able to attract top players. Start signing higher calibre players and try to mount serious challenge for CL

• Like 4

If they want any of our players then we need to tell them where to go, or make them pay massively over the odds. 

What I find astounding is how much clubs are selling for these days. Burnley are a mediocre side with about three half-decent players (Pope, Tarkowski, and McNeil) yet sold for £200m. Newcastle valued at over £300m and are pretty mediocre themselves other than one truly outstanding player and a big stadium. I think we sold for £75m in the Champ, if Newcastle go at over £300m I'm pretty sure we'd be sold for about £500m these days if not more. We've certainly got a better squad than them and have just massively upgraded our training facilities and Academy too. 

I am not sure how this will go. Most likely they will be successful eventually as they have virtually unlimited funds now, but when City were bought they had a better squad than Newcastle have now and didn't have FFP to contend with. Although having said that their owners would probably happily pay fines if they break rules, but they may be f***ed if the PL imposes a points deduction or a transfer embargo on them (as they did with Chelsea). City were able to attract their most successful players of the last decade (Silva, Aguero, Yaya Toure) only after finishing in the European places. Before that they were overpaying on shite like Lescott, Santa Cruz and Adebayor. Because they were able to spend £200m each summer at the time because of no FFP, they got away with it, but Newcastle will have to invest more shrewdly I'd have thought and are a long way off challenging for Europe.

I don't think this will affect us unless we allow it to, Spuds continued to challenge City after they got all their money because they carried on investing and improving, we must do the same. It just means another potential competitor but the league is stupidly strong anyway, we just need to keep spending money wisely and thinking about ourselves rather than other teams. Our owners are not as rich as Newcastle's owners but they still have plenty of cash. 

• Like 1

Â