Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I can't fault the NUFC fans, they had no power to change things under Ashley, and now no power under the Saudis - yet Ashley = intense misery and Saudis = dreamland. They've every right to enjoy this. If they start defending human rights abuses though that's a different ball game.

It’s amazing how the press are just falling over themselves about it. It’s the public investment fund of the bloody Saudi state! All they want is some BS narrative about long suffering Newcastle fans and playing fantasy football with transfer rumours. 

My biggest frustration is that it's another team with shit loads of money that we need to compete with. I wouldn't be surprised if Conte is their manager by the end of the month and then they manage to spend £150m in January.

Pretty sure they will have many ways of circumnavigating FFP.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

My biggest frustration is that it's another team with shit loads of money that we need to compete with. I wouldn't be surprised if Conte is their manager by the end of the month and then they manage to spend £150m in January.

Unlimited budget.

Would be a dream project for any manager.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Conte is a good shout. Probably the best manager out there who is available.

Poor Brucie, his days are numbered 😊

Edited by Czarnikjak

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I see it as 6 points a season that'll be harder to get (and it's not like we always got them before). My biggest concern is on transfers, they will be going after our targets so that'll add another layer of difficulty. But I see an opportunity here - NUFC will disrupt the order and weaken a few teams around them, less so us. And maybe it'll be a psychological blow to the likes of Spurs, and cause less investment at some other top 10 clubs who may now fall back to being happy in the prem but nothing else. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Conte is a good shout. Probably the best manager out there who is available.

Poor Brucie, his days are numbered 😊

Bruce will get exactly what he wants. His contract paid off for the next 3 years. 

• Like 3

Game's been gone a long time but it's gone over the edge of the waterfall now with the Saudis involved.

Abu Dhabi and Saudis both pouring bottomless pits of dirty money into a league where clubs like Norwich routinely struggle to spend enough to even survive.

Disgusting. Such a shame Newcastle weren't relegated before this could happen, not that it would have made a huge difference, but the EFL is way more serious about FFP than the Premier League.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This is the big tragedy in all of this.

My advice- buy shares in the German Doner Kebab franchise. Big investment coming their way shortly.  

Edited by HKP90

Â