Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Rafa Benitez spent 89 million as Newcastle manager in the Premier League and build a system

Steve Bruce has spent 90 million more to that team and hasnt improved them including less goals, more conceded and similar points

If you want to attribute player transfers on managers:

Newcastle spent, including Joelinton, substracting for sales, under Bruce: £70m. Smith, in that exact same period of time spent £230m. I am not going to do the math for Benitez, but bear in mind the inflation in prices the last few years.

If you guys want to bash a manager, then get the facts straight. I never disliked Bruce as a man, even if I find his football boring. Yet the man is getting results, and he should be acknowledged for that.

39 minutes ago, momo said:

Newcastle spent, including Joelinton, substracting for sales, under Bruce: £70m. Smith, in that exact same period of time spent £230m. I am not going to do the math for Benitez, but bear in mind the inflation in prices the last few years.

If you guys want to bash a manager, then get the facts straight. I never disliked Bruce as a man, even if I find his football boring. Yet the man is getting results, and he should be acknowledged for that.

If only Bruce didn’t waste so much money at Villa that he had to rely on loans which then meant we had to buy a new team, eh!?

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

If only Bruce didn’t waste so much money at Villa that he had to rely on loans which then meant we had to buy a new team, eh!?

Jeez. Benitez spent a lot of money too. The strongest team to get up from the Championship in the entire history of English football. Yet, his only achievements with Newcastle was avoiding the drop two seasons in a row.

1 hour ago, momo said:

not sure what Smith has to do with Bruce and Benitez argument which discredits your argument

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

not sure what Smith has to do with Bruce and Benitez argument which discredits your argument

Sure it does. If you use the spending argument as a point, I can point to several clubs that have spent more than Newcastle and done worse. I don't understand the hate towards Bruce. You guys are trying to use every little argument in the world to prove your point. And my point is, he has done his job. Do you really think buying Callum Wilson and Jamal Lewis is going to make them challenge for trophies? Oooh, he spent more than Benitez?? hahahah, Benitez got a £40m striker. And left.

1 minute ago, momo said:

Sure it does. If you use the spending argument as a point, I can point to several clubs that have spent more than Newcastle and done worse. I don't understand the hate towards Bruce. You guys are trying to use every little argument in the world to prove your point. And my point is, he has done his job. Do you really think buying Callum Wilson and Jamal Lewis is going to make them challenge for trophies? Oooh, he spent more than Benitez?? hahahah, Benitez got a £40m striker. And left.

no but should take them up the table on the squad Rafa left. struggling at home to Fulham, beaten by Brentford in the cup and slaughtered by Leeds is not really a sign of progression 

Which 40 million striker did Rafa get? Rafa left on 30th June and Joelinton joined late July

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, momo said:

I mean Joelinton was signed 1 month after Benitez left but sure, great point. It's almost as good as the 44 points Bruce got is more than the 45 Benitez got...

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

On 28/12/2020 at 18:35, Zatman said:

no but should take them up the table on the squad Rafa left. struggling at home to Fulham, beaten by Brentford in the cup and slaughtered by Leeds is not really a sign of progression 

Which 40 million striker did Rafa get? Rafa left on 30th June and Joelinton joined late July

Tell me about that squad he left? No striker, no Ayoze Perez, and he left because Rondon was being replaced with a striker he didn't deem good enough!!!!   What shit squad was that?

On 28/12/2020 at 18:36, sne said:

I mean Joelinton was signed 1 month after Benitez left but sure, great point. It's almost as good as the 44 points Bruce got is more than the 45 Benitez got...

he left because Rondon was being replaced with a striker he didn't deem good enough!!!! 

On 28/12/2020 at 18:39, momo said:

Tell me about that squad he left? No striker, no Ayoze Perez, and he left because Rondon was being replaced with a striker he didn't deem good enough!!!!  What shit squad was that?

Ayoze left after Rafa 😛 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, momo said:

Nobody thinks they should be challenging for trophies. 🤦‍♂️

Which clubs have spent more than Newcastle and done worse?

Smith is irrelevant. The point on spend related to a comparison between Bruce and Benitez.

Benitez didn’t get a £40m striker.

Honestly... you seem to have no grasp on reality.

3 hours ago, momo said:

Yet the man is getting results, and he should be acknowledged for that.

Current climate yeah maybe but personally even on TV its still a no from me

Normal football where its £500+ for a season ticket and £100+ per away game, nope, absolutely not a chance

Merely getting a result every other 2 weeks isn't enough when the football is so bad, paying £100 for 25% possession and 1 shot on goal isn't good enough regardless of what the result is

On 28/12/2020 at 18:39, momo said:

he left because Rondon was being replaced with a striker he didn't deem good enough!!!!

You keep saying this but it’s incorrect, Rafa left as he has stated himself because he wanted full control of transfers. The replacement for Rondon didn’t happen until quite a long time after he left. 

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You keep saying this but it’s incorrect, Rafa left as he has stated himself because he wanted full control of transfers. The replacement for Rondon didn’t happen until quite a long time after he left. 

I'd take anything Rafa said over leaving with a huge pinch of salt

He left because his Chinese club offered a wage that any team in Europe would have laughed at, you can blame rondon, Ashley or anyone else at Newcastle but he's now something like the 3rd highest paid manager in world football, the spin that the media bought in to was incredibly well played 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I'd take anything Rafa said over leaving with a huge pinch of salt

He left because his Chinese club offered a wage that any team in Europe would have laughed at, you can blame rondon, Ashley or anyone else at Newcastle but he's now something like the 3rd highest paid manager in world football, the spin that the media bought in to was incredibly well played 

Perhaps. But what he says carries more weight than mono’s claim re Rondon.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Benitez wanted to wait before signing the contract. When he saw what kind of team he was getting, he ran all the way to china. It is 100% certain that your boy didn't want Joelinton. But you're just want to make a point about Bruce being a shit manager, that you don't want to accept that he did better with a team than Benitez thought he himself would do. Or standing still, or whatever. It's like you think Benitez would magically make this exact team play like Barcelona 2012, while the truth is they probably would be standing still regardless of which of the two manages them.

Â