Luna - (Seville)

Ron Burgundy

Lol Another player I had to look up on Wiki. The only player other than Guzan that I had heard of was Bennett and even then I knew precious little about him.

Paul Lambert's Villa revolution continues full speed ahead.

I really hope these deals don't backfire however in Lambert I trust.

Its about beefing up the squad before pre-season training starts, looking at it and then pinpointing where we feel quality is needed most. I guess money is tight again so its using what he has got to get the numbers up, then using cash from sales to bring in the quality.

I am absolutely loving this!

As much as we were proud of our young, predominantly British team in the last few years, English/British players generally lack technical ability (as has been highlighted yet again in the u21 Euro's).

I can't believe how cheap we are able to pick these players up for, lets hope they're not cheap for a reason.....

I don't think it's scape goating. Bennet had a very poor season and we needed better. I think this is a replacement and its up to bennet to step up and prove he can play at this level.

Plus Bennett has shown that he has a quality cross on him & is good higher up the pitch. Who knows as another poster suggested in another thread Bennett could also be used on the Left Hand side of midfield too.

One thing the Luna signing does is increase our overall options.

Totally agree with the pathetic need to find scapegoats by some on this site - how on earth it constitutes support for the team is beyond me.  I note the guys who try to find scapegoats tend to be the ones who think we  are relegated after a couple of matches - it's a totally spineless, soul-sapping mindset to have.  Learn to see the bigger picture and value patience!

Bennett is a top young player full of potential and he will improve as time goes on, I have no doubt about it.  Signing another young lad like Luna provides much needed competition which is just what we need.  If the deal goes through I wish Luna the best of careers in a Villa shirt.

Yes

Heaven forbid you don't think something associated at the club isn't great.

I'd also love to know what bennet has done to be considered a top young player.

I don't think it's scape goating. Bennet had a very poor season and we needed better. I think this is a replacement and its up to bennet to step up and prove he can play at this level.

Plus Bennett has shown that he has a quality cross on him & is good higher up the pitch. Who knows as another poster suggested in another thread Bennett could also be used on the Left Hand side of midfield too.

Bale Mk 2?

for those thinking we some are harsh on Bennett........ he hasn't bee great defensively but hopefully he will improve and develop at Villa - and i'm sure everyone wants that. He has the technical abilities anyhow.

I am really loving the fact we are prepared to look at young potential players from other leagues, it just goes to show you how inflated and overrated even Championship players are.

We can't even get 6 mil for Bent and yet Ipswich want that for Cresswell???

Come on then, let's have his FM stats.

file:///Users/Josh/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202013-06-16%20at%2015.48.19.png

I wasn't sure how to upload the image, but if you copy and paste that link it's a picture of his in game stats  :P

• Like 1