Christian Benteke

Kwan

98808548b71a831d2381d32eb8478cff.jpg

Seems he's upset a few scousers with retweeting that. Pretty funny reading their replies.

isn't the person he tagged and the person who retweeted two different people?

The retweet came from his official account. Seems the original post was to a fan site for him. Still wouldn't appreciate him retweetig that if he wS here in fairness. But it's amusing seeing the scousers wound up!

The BBC quoted, I think, a commentator on the game saying "where did that come from?!". It had shades of implying the football world has never seen that quality from him before, when of course we have just not in a red shirt. It was absolutely vintage Benteke.

• Like 4

Goalscoring won't be an issue for Arsenal this season, Giroud despite the critics already has 2 league goals and will get 15 comfortably, Alexis is taking a while to warm up but will get near enough 20, Walcott will get 10 +, Ramsey, Cazorla and Ozil will get about 15 between them so about 60 goals from that lot so I really don't think Benteke would make a huge issue for them e.g. scoring a third goal for them today in their 2-0 win over Stoke.

It's too simplistic, to me Arsenal's big problem over the last few years has been mentality and bottle in the big games which stops them winning the league. Next week's game is a great example, they've won once at Stamford Bridge in last 6 visits and have capitulated there last two seasons.

Can they go there next week, roll their sleeves up and grind out a win or a point which wouldn't be an awful result albeit with Chelsea in poor shape atm. That demands more than just signing a new striker as Liverpool signed him and aren't exactly winning every week.

This... chelsea are ripe for a good throat slashing, what would Fergie be thinking? This is the test for Arsenal, doesn't matter how up for this chelski will be, kick them when they're down and in the balls at that. I fear Arsenal just don't have this type of mentality though.

back on topic... Cracking goal, but I really fear for 'pool, there's a bad mentality about the place right now and Rodgers hasn't demonstrated anything thus far showing he'll be able to put this right. On the plus side, Klopp has a track recording of feeding his beastly strikers... though as much as I like tekkers, I'd be ok with his career being derailed if it means 'pool go to hell, or as F365 said the other day... became the new Villa <_< 

Edited by villakram

Its hard to play well when you dont get any real service, he thrives on balls from out wide and Liverpool have 1 winger in the squad. Firmino and Ings arent going to create chances for him out wide

Shh don't say that. Sherwood pointed that out to him and he found it disrespectful. Benteke obviously knows best!

I thought his overall performance was very iffy....world class goal granted.....but not fitted in yet IMO.

Outside of the goal he was utter shite. Yes the service was shocking but the little scraps he had to go by he did absolutely nothing with, he looked slow and ponderous. 

The BBC quoted, I think, a commentator on the game saying "where did that come from?!". It had shades of implying the football world has never seen that quality from him before, when of course we have just not in a red shirt. It was absolutely vintage Benteke.

I think you're taking this too much to heart. I think it was meant as the game was that bad and then the goal came from nothing.

I think you're taking this too much to heart. I think it was meant as the game was that bad and then the goal came from nothing.

I don't care about it, they can be as ignorant as they want, it's just funny. Although you are right, I might have misinterpreted it.

It is interesting though that Liverpool have failed to offer him any more than we did in a football sense so far, the service and distance between him and everyone else happened routinely under Lambert.

• Like 1

Amazed Liverpool haven't replaced Sterling at all, as we saw here Benteke needs some pace either side of him. They seem to be going mad about Jordon Ibe last season on account of a few half decent games but he's a long way off Sterling's level.

Isn't Roberto Firmino supposed to be the guy who carries the ball from midfield to attack now?

To get the best out of Benteke he needs runners beyond him. At the end of the first season here he had weiman and gabby making the runs. Then end of last season he had cleverly and delph. This helps generate space for Benteke. Liverpool have firmino, coutinho and Milner who could make these runs. But Rodgers isn't doing this.

Â