Christian Benteke

Kwan

This is the Milner that has been announced as Liverpool's vice captain a matter of weeks after signing for the club. I think we can safely say Barrett is a bit of a clearing in the woods then.

I give him a maximum of two seasons before he wants out to a bigger club. Mind you he will out last that arrogant git Rodgers at Liverpool.

He might have poached a goal if only Liverpool had played to his strengths and got wide men firing in crosses to him. Someone should have advised Christian of this before he went there, it might have been a big help! I am sure he would have appreciated the sound career advice. Oh well too late now

• Like 2

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/aug/09/stoke-liverpool-five-talking-points

2) Liverpool must adapt to Benteke or vice-versa

An absolute dog of a game in the opening match is no time to judge Christian Benteke’s suitability at Liverpool but, purely in terms of wanting to disprove Tim Sherwood’s theory that he has joined the wrong club, the Belgium international must hope the service he received at Stoke City is not indicative of things to come. Bar the occasional first time flick from Coutinho, or the kind of long hopeful punt he thought he had left behind at Aston Villa, it was extremely limited as Liverpool left their £32.5m signing isolated at the Britannia Stadium. In fairness there was no flow or rhythm to either team’s performance and Benteke cut an increasingly frustrated figure as he urged team-mates to play the ball to his feet while struggling to read their intentions. The striker created a half-chance from dispossessing Geoff Cameron on the edge of the Stoke area with a full-blooded shoulder charge, had to come over to the touchline to win the occasional aerial challenge and waited 68 minutes for his first shot on goal. Miscommunication over a decent chance with Henderson encapsulated what can for now be described as teething troubles.

Well, don't say Timmy didn't warn ya* :P

(*allegedly: currently the subject of dispute)

Nope. still on 0 goals for me.

Not for my fantasy team [emoji4]

Definitely should've been disallowed though

Yep, racked up some points for that. Every goal he scores is going to be like a dagger in my heart, so might as well get some points out of it. 

Â