Christian Benteke

Kwan

That's not really a confrontation.

Stop falling for headlines. It's a conversation.

And fwiw I agree with Benteke. I think he's good enough to play to anybody's style. He'll do well at Liverpool, which is annoying.

Sherwood did help him get more goals, but that was more to getting the team to create more chances than anything directly to do with benteke, imo. Under Lambert Benteke would (and did) score goals the way he did under sherwood. The problem was under Lambert the chances dried up.

Same here. He is a quality player. Sherwood could have said anything to him and even done his facial special and Benteke wasn't going to stay.

Worse thing about everything in that article is it's probably true :(

Benteke is known for talking shite though, so it is probably not true.
I meant more about what Hazard said and him being near the top instead of fighting relegation. When did we become so shit? I really hope things can change.

I wouldn't worry so much about what Benteke has said, he has come out with a lot of rubbish previously. The guy has a giant ego.

It's not so much what he said. It's more how far we have fallen. But it's good we got a lot of money for him and reinvested.

Players will always come and go with every team. Hopefully one day we can sell players for big money because they are surplus to requirements rather than moving to bigger clubs.

He did say Tim Sherwood helped him when he came in and the two of them coming into the team at the same time helped them both.

Benteke probably mentioned it because he was asked about it by whoever the Journo is. There is nothing in that story, he is just saying he can do more than head the ball in, which is true but it is one of his biggest strengths. I always find it strange how different things can be taken when you read about it in an article over hearing it/seeing it in a video.

Any manager coming in should be able to get Benteke to score goals. Cross it him, get players forward, supply him with the ball in the box. Paul Lambert's version of this was to hoof it from 50 yards and get nobody near him, any manager in the world would have done better than him. Tim Sherwood didn't fix Benteke, he fixed the rest of the team IMO.

• Like 3

There was a spell under Lambert when we were begging for the ball to be lumped up to him, because we were trying to play a passing game and he was playing like a man with a boulder for a foot. Of course, it may have been a short spell where he was lacking confidence, form and a manager with any good ideas, but I'm still crossing my fingers that he plays like that under Rodgers!

Surprise people?? He's been playing in this country for a couple of years. What an absolute dick!

Have you seen some of the Liverpool fans, they think he is the next Carroll. He will surprise a lot of idiots that question his talent

What a surprise, the meeja taking a quote and blowing it way out of proportion, for instance sky have the article under the headline

"benteke hits back at sherwood"

The mirror

"benteke confronted Sherwood"

The guardian

"benteke had face to face talks over Sherwood battering ram comparison"

It will be a bit like when Yorke turned up at Man. United and none of their fans could believe it when he started scoring goals...even though he'd been scoring 15-20 for us for 3 seasons.

I have nothing against Benteke...just think how dire the last 5 years have been. When I think of memorable moments and how's scoring the goals, he's provided 99% of them (bar a couple of Darren Bent goals) so he's going to have to come out with a lot of bull for me to turn against him.

difference was United fans trusted Fergie and helped Yorke settle, Liverpool fans dont trust Rodgers after last summer and be on Benteke back after about 2 games if he doesnt have 5 goals

Just heard Rodgers say how benteke is going to surprise people with how good he is with the ball at his feet.

I think I need to stay clear of Liverpool this season.

It will be the same with Milner ,oh look how good he is as a CM why has no one played him there before .Gota credit Rodgers for this discovery ....where as we all knew he was a god CM 4/5 years ago !!!

Disappointed with the benteke comments, tainted what was a fairly hassle free transfer.

I have an inkling he'll celebrate wildly if he scores against us.

Don't think so especially if he scores at VP considering the rapport he had with our fanbase.

Edited by VillaChris

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes  May 30
If anyone agrees to pay £32.5m for Benteke the FBI will want to follow the money trail

Gona leave that here to remind me when Tony and the rest of the Merseyside journo's start claiming Benteke was a bargain ...

Disappointed with the benteke comments, tainted what was a fairly hassle free transfer.

I have an inkling he'll celebrate wildly if he scores against us.

Don't think so especially if he scores at VP considering the rapport he had with our fanbase.

He won't celebrate. I'm sure of that.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes  May 30
If anyone agrees to pay £32.5m for Benteke the FBI will want to follow the money trail

Gona leave that here to remind me when Tony and the rest of the Merseyside journo's start claiming Benteke was a bargain ...

He was on Irish radio on wednesday saying he was a key signing :D he also said Milner was struggling to adapt to the Rodgers way as different playing centre midfield for Brendan Rodgers than Martin O'Neill

Â