Christian Benteke

Kwan

I dont think its that outrageous to say 25 goals for him. Things have to go super his way in terms of injuries and brent not dicking about changing everything every 10 mins...but it could happen. He'll probably get injured for a month or two though

Edited by gharperr

He won't be taking pens either so that's a few less on his total. I would say 18 goals needs a good start otherwise the knives will be out. If it goes horribly wrong he can always come back to us.

He won't be taking pens either so that's a few less on his total. I would say 18 goals needs a good start otherwise the knives will be out. If it goes horribly wrong he can always come back to us.

He could easily be taking the pens Gerard has left..

Henderson on pen duty I believe followed by Coutinho. Would they let some upstart from a struggling club take over duties!? Milner will be ahead of him too of the new boys. He took a mean pen when he was with us.

Personally I want Tekkers to take them because he is in my dreamteam!

I mean, he scored 19 for us in his debut season being fed (using this loosely) by the likes of Weimann, Gabby, Holman, Ireland and N'Zogbia so it's really not that big of a stretch to say he'll score 25 for Liverpool.

I personally doubt Sturridge will play much, I think his head's gone. 

dafuq. theres nothing to suggest his "head as gone". he was 1 of the most influential players in the prem last time he played regularly. Once get back to full fitness, he will start. Probably with 2 upfront with benteke. Although the pressing style doesnt work as well when benteke plays but it still will be effective .

edit, think i misread: i actually think you might be referring to apparently he didnt want to play incase he got injured. Not sure how true all that is and im sure they will make it so his head is in the right place

Edited by gharperr

To be fair much like us with benteke if Sturridge was somewhere near fit last season they had to play him and he just got injured again, having benteke might give him a chance to get fully fit before being brought back

But at the moment it doesn't look good for him, going to have played 90 minutes 3/4 times in 18 months

Off the season he'd had and having become a starter for England, if his head hasn't gone then fair play to him, I bet that's soul destroying

Who can say how he'll fit in with another team. Don't see it as a given myself that he'll be a huge success, depends how much their play is tweaked to maximise him. For instance, I remember reading they played the least amount of crosses in the league last season, obviously if this continues then that's arguably his main weapon going under utilised. Isn't as simple as saying that because he's moved to a better team he'll score more goals, teams play with more of a defensive emphasis against teams like Liverpool and it all depends how he adapts IMO.

Personally I hope he struggles; I hate Liverpool with a passion and I'll want to put myself through the window having to listen to the resulting media and Pool fan wankfest of how Liverpool made him and that he's the best player in the world if he has a storming season. That said I have put him in my fantasy team for a silver lining if he does bang them in left, right and centre as there is certainly a chance he will do.

Edited by penguin

no like we ever got pens for him to actually take

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-new-boy-christian-benteke-6207767

"Sherwood had claimed: “There’s no point going to a club where they don’t cross the ball.”

But the 24-year-old said: “I don’t believe that and I told him - I spoke with him and I explained to him the situation.

“I said football has changed and football now is modern and I can adapt."

Â