Christian Benteke

Kwan

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s a whole world of players out there. We could probably take a chance on 2 or 3 players for what Benteke would cost.

I think that is fairly unrealistic to think you could sign two or three players with their fees and wages for the wages of one player on a Bosman personally.

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s like the girl you used to date in school, Young fit and nubile, maybe a couple of fingers tops even when Wham were on the pops.......

. Roll on a few years and she has been pricked poked and poded that many times you could get your fist in. Never go back it can never be as magic again 

• Haha 1

Jesus, all this support for bringing Benteke back. Probably as one of our highest paid players. On a free or not, it's bad business.

Have we (as fans) learned nothing from the last 10 years of mismanagement at this club?

Thankfully it looks as though Nas and Wes have more about them than that, so hopefully the idea will not even be entertained.

I repeat my statement, if he had never played for Villa, and we looked at his stats and performances over the last few years, and then looked at his salary, none of us would even entertain the idea of signing him.

As you can probably tell, I am adamantly against the idea.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s almost as if his contract is almost up. 

Exactly what I was thinking. He's turned into Lewandowski now that he's looking for a job! 

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s almost as if his contract is almost up. 
It’s pretty shitty that he’s stopped being a useless lump because he wants another payday. 

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned more. Guy has spent the last 2 seasons winning headers and standing still but suddenly he's good again. If anything it should be a warning sign for teams looking at him

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned more. Guy has spent the last 2 seasons winning headers and standing still but suddenly he's good again. If anything it should be a warning sign for teams looking at him

I just hope we don’t fall for it. 

I take the points above, but it's also true that he's always been a bit streaky, he regularly had purple patches and barren spells with us too.

Do I think it's *mainly* about his contract situation? Yes, probably, it would be weird if that wasn't a major source of motivation. But it doesn't have to be entirely nefarious, he's a confidence player.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do I think it's *mainly* about his contract situation? Yes, probably, it would be weird if that wasn't a major source of motivation. But it doesn't have to be entirely nefarious, he's a confidence player.

What other players used to do that? I have a feeling Adebayor turned into Pele when he needed a new deal. 

Â