Christian Benteke

Kwan

7 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Godfather Part 2

Empire Strikes Back

Benteke II Unfinished Business

Nah GF1 was better. Don't care for Star Wars in fairness so you could be right. Terminator 2 potentially better than 1 but can never make up my mind.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, VBM said:

It is funny how one player can split opinion so much. 

I literally can not fathom how anyone could possibly think this is a good idea.

It's no mystery. People are in real life split into dreamers and pragmatists. It's just bringing those demographics out.  Some dream of the fairytale return being a huge success.  Others looking at the plain facts of where he is now and the likely outcome. 

Fact is nobody knows. I think everyone agrees he WAS a great player, it's not so much as Benteke splitting opinion as the potential outcome. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VBM said:

I literally can not fathom how anyone could possibly think this is a good 

Its slim pickings out there.  He knows the club and has played with Jack before.  No settling in period.  

So far out of names mentioned he is the best attainable?

11 minutes ago, VBM said:

I literally can not fathom how anyone could possibly think this is a good idea.

Brexit?

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Imagine the scenes when he gets his first goal.

Please villa make it happen

Imagine the scenes when he plays like he has been over the last 3 years......with all those o p p o r t u n i t i e s.

Wesley, will seem like Ronaldo to us.

Do you back red when Black comes up every time?

6 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

If Reina comes in as expected, there's no way Benteke will be able to come back to us on loan as we've used up our last loan spot.

The weird thing with Benteke was Palace extending his contract not long ago.  I assume they intend to sell him otherwise why would they keep him when he hasn't really done much in his time there despite being in their top 3 or 4 earners.

10 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

If Reina comes in as expected, there's no way Benteke will be able to come back to us on loan as we've used up our last loan spot.

Any rumour about Benteke re loan has said Palace only want to sell not loan

Palace would want at least £15m for Benteke, probably closer to £20m so I don't think there's anyway we're going to buy him, not because we can't afford that, but because we were probably only ever interested in him as a squad option anyway, and I don't think we'd spend that much on a 29 year old back-up striker.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Palace would want at least £15m for Benteke, probably closer to £20m so I don't think there's anyway we're going to buy him, not because we can't afford that, but because we were probably only ever interested in him as a squad option anyway, and I don't think we'd spend that much on a 29 year old back-up striker.

They'll be lucky to get that and he'll be free agent in October

Â