Christian Benteke

Kwan

Not exactly a sideways move, but the others have missed a trick there. Best of luck to him, but if the bindippers are the limit of his aspirations then he seriously does'nt deserve to become the stuff legends are made of.

Been a blast.

On his day he was unplayable, Drogba style.  He can switch off in games and the pressure of playing for such a demanding club may well hang heavy on him.

However, If we were spending £32.5m on him i would be happy.

We need to buy two strikers very quickly

I didn't want him at United **** hate United I don't mind Liverpool he will become a legend at Liverpool imo ........right Mr sherwood go get us Austin and that young Belgium striker I've seen mentioned on here and that French left back then we're good to go

People on Twitter including Pete Colley are saying he is still in Portugal and no bid has been made 

If this is the case then it's the final straw for me believing anything the media says to do with football.

• Like 1

Well this is depressing.... i knew it was coming this summer but im still gutted about it.

I wish him all the best as for me he is the BEST player i have witnessed play for Villa in the 27 years i have been supporting the club. But also as a huge football fan in general i am pleased that one of the soon to be best strikers in the world has graced our cathedral for a few seasons! I am pissed that he has gone to the kopshites though, he could have done much better but i guess they were the only ones in for him. On the plus side we have got a very big transfer fee for him and hopefully this parting gift will enable us to buy the players we need to move onto the next level.

He is not a hero or probaly even a legend at Villa but his talent alone is why i feel so bad about this one seeing as he was often the shining light in the dark tunnel at Villa. His antics a few seasons ago made me feel a little less fond of him but cant really blame him this time round. We have been nothing short of dogshite since hes been here. 

THAT goal against Tesco will be my fondest memory of him, but also goals against Norwich (overhead kick) and definetly the goals against Liverdole wil lstay with me for a long time as i witnessed each one live in front of my eyes.

My lad is going to be absolutely gutted when i tell him later.... he idolises him !! i know he aint gone yet but its pretty much there aint it !, cant really see him doing a Delph tbh. 

Heres hoping he has a shit time a Lolerpool and actually moves to a proper team in the future!

We go again as the berk used to say..... 

Don't tell your boy just yet. Wait for confirmation. Been a lot of false dawns with this one.

• Like 1

We should not be looking for a.n.other benteke with our money, this style of lump it to the big man has got us into the mess that one man keeps us in the league.

That money can make our team stronger, goals coming from other parts of the pitch...like what Tim was starting to get end of last season. We desperately need more of that from the rest of the field, and we'll be a better team without benteke.

People on Twitter including Pete Colley are saying he is still in Portugal and no bid has been made 

If this is the case then it's the final straw for me believing anything the media says to do with football.

If the media are correct then you'll stop believing the media?  :detect:

• Like 1

Not exactly a sideways move, but the others have missed a trick there. Best of luck to him, but if the bindippers are the limit of his aspirations then he seriously does'nt deserve to become the stuff legends are made of.

Been a blast.

Well, IF it is true and they have made a bid or are about to, and I remain unconvinced, it would appear that the top four teams are not interested in him at that money.

So young, so gullible. Bless.  :)

If the media are correct then you'll stop believing the media?   :detect:

Well you have kind of got me here. Although I'm sure not I'd class some Twitter rumblings as media, even if it does come from a journalist.

We should not be looking for a.n.other benteke with our money, this style of lump it to the big man has got us into the mess that one man keeps us in the league.

That money can make our team stronger, goals coming from other parts of the pitch...like what Tim was starting to get end of last season. We desperately need more of that from the rest of the field, and we'll be a better team without benteke.

I would love to see us have a season with Benteke and a stronger team around him.

• Like 1

Best of luck to him. Thanks for some lovely memories. Pity his choice of club is so poor, but with any luck he'll move on again in 3 years to a proper team. 

We'll survive, we always do, and we can strengthen our side effectively. 

Bon chance, Christian.

• Like 2

Â